Greetings from Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deakos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I am an avid research diver living in Maui, Hawaii. I am interested in finding interns to help with my Ph.D. work focusing on manta rays here in Maui. I will post more about the internship in the research and conservation forum.

Best,

Mark

Aloha Mark!

Welcome to Scubaboard. Check out the Hawaii O'hana section when you can. It's a busy place! Good luck with your Manta research. I wish I saw more of them myself. They tend to be around more this time of year.

welcome aboard

Thanks Doug. I will check out the Ohana section and keep tabs on what is going on locally. I am very interested in hearing about manta sightings along the south side (Kihei/Waialea) so if you dive this coastline frequently or hear about sighting, I would be interested in knowing. There appears to be segregation between the very young (newborns) and the rest of the population. No pups are seen on the west side of the island so maybe there are pupping grounds somewhere along the south side.

Thanks again,

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom