Newly certified in San Diego County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben.B

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone!

I earned my OW certification on the 3rd of this month and made my first two dives as an OW diver at Whytecliff park in Vancouver, Canada. I look forward to getting more and more involved in this community. I live in Southern California and am eager to start diving more regularly.

On the 28th of this month I will be leaving for Peru and the Galapagos for some surfing and scuba diving respectively.

Take care!
Ben

Welcome aboard!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here:

SoCal

Welcome to the dive community (both here on SB and in San Diego).

Congrats on your recent certification. Since you mentioned your upcoming trip plans, I just wanted to share a few cautionary words about being a beginner diver and diving the Galapagos Islands successfully, i.e., having a good time and coming back alive. :D

I recommend you make sure that whatever dive op you're working with is aware of your limited dive experience. There are strong currents there that can be treacherous for even experienced divers. Just do a search here on ScubaBoard. You'll see what I mean. FWIW, there's a lot to see/do topside in the Galapagos, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if you put off diving to another Galapagos vacation when you have more dive experience.

If you are interested, leave me a message and I would be more than happy to go out diving with you. I live in the pacific beach area and own all my gear so i can pretty much dive anywhere in san diego.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom