San Diego diver...need to get in more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubacheeze

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello! My name is Chris, I've lived in San Diego for almost 2 years now and have only gotten in the water a couple times to freedive and spearfish (have been deployed for a good bit). Joined the site to get to know more of the scuba community around here, and see if there's anyone in the OB area who gets out much. Also I have a website for dive forecasts out here, if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know that'd be great! Originally I'm from FL (St. Pete) and it's been a big change of pace out here...the water is cold and murkey! I started my website because the conditions out here kind of intimidated, and I wanted to create something to help new divers feel comfortable and have an idea of what it would be like out there (for people who don't have a lot of time). I know there is nothing as good as a dive buddy who knows the area, it creeps me out to dive alone anyways, but I figured some extra data wouldn't hurt. Anyways just wanted to say hello, thanks for such a great site!

Check out Power Scuba. They are running an event next month to assist new divers in acclimating to the area, and they run lots of boat trips. Shore diving trips (night dives at La Jolla Shores) are a couple of days a week. Lots of nice people.

Dive California in Point Loma is also a good place to join the club and meet people. They're having a BBQ this Saturday!

Welcome to the community. :)

Welcome Chris, I just joined this board a few days ago myself. I just got a new u/w camera and am looking for dive buddies who don't mind if I spend 10 minutes taking photos of one nudibranch haha... I am diving this Saturday morning with another military buddy, either at Swami's in Encinitas, or La Jolla Cove. You are welcome to join us, or let's dive some other time. My email is javachip3 at y-a-h-o-o dot com.

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I had surgery recently so I can't get in for a month or so :/ I figured the next best thing to diving is reading about it...tons of info to soak up on this site

Back
Top Bottom