New member from Godley TX.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rodman500

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Scuba diving is truly a special experience. We are fairly new to diving. Signed up for navigation, deepdive, search and rescue, and search and recovery. My wife, son and daughter are all certified and love it. My wife and I are not in any dive groups but want to get more involved. We hope to meet other couples in our area to learn more about diving and places to go. After 23 years of marriage we finally have a hobby that we both enjoy. My son is in flight school and loves to dive but does not have much time to dive until he graduates. My daughter is in high school and likes diving in in the ocean but the cost is too high for many trips. I want to learn more and dive more. Guess I'm addicted now and wondering why we didnt do this sooner. Thanks for listening and hope we meet some of you locally soon.
Thanks

Howdy, we are from Glenn Rose...what is your fav dive spots in the area so far, and have you been to lake athens yet?

Congrates on the marriage...you got us beat..I have been married for 16 yrs and she is still my center.

We have been to The Blue Lagoon in Huntsville but not to Athens. We want to go soon, looks good. We went to Cozumel this summer and wow it was incredible. My son and I did a night dive, I thought it would be creepy but it was amazing. Do you ever dive in local lakes or is it to hard to see??

---------- Post added January 2nd, 2013 at 10:43 PM ----------

If you and your wife go this summer let us know and maybe we can meet there. Just so you know 16 years of marriage is almost a lifetime these days. Congratulations to you.

Greetings from Granbury! My wife and I just got certified ourselves after 28 years of marriage. Haven't dove much around the area yet, but will be trying more spots when things warm up. We are hoping to try and get out to Balmorhea next month for some mid-winter warmth and plan to spend a couple of days getting used to our new equipment.

Hope to see you around some this Spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom