Since I've already got a lengthy thread....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainhook426

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just thought I would say hello. I'm Sutton and from Kansas working on getting PADI OW certified here in a couple of weeks or so. We have class once a week and get a bunch of pool time. I am looking forward to log a bunch of dives since me and the lady friend will both be certified and can take trips together and such.

I'm an Automotive Service Management major at Pitt State University. I'm currently changing hobbies from car audio and building ridiculously loud stereo systems to SCUBA. Anyways, I am a very open person if you have a question ask and you shall get an answer....

Thanks

-Sutton

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 07:41 PM ----------

Oh, and I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Sometimes with online communities it's hard to get intelligent answers from the resident forum population. My first encounter with asking questions will keep me a contributing member for many years(probably)

WELCOME!!!

Sometimes on this board, especially as a beginner, you have to have a little bit of a thick skin. Sometimes divers can be a bit blunt, but that's what we're used to, as you can't really be verbose underwater.
03.gif

If you're willing to read a bit and ask around, there is a wealth of good knowledge and hundreds of years of experience (probably thousands) scuba diving on this board. I know it helped me a bit as a beginner.

Good luck on the certification! Stay safe and great diving!!!

Welcome from me as well! I do agree with Scuba_Noob; you do need to be thick-skinned here but there really is great advise and information. I take in everything I read, but in the end I am my own diver with my own abilities and interests. SCUBA is so amazing and so many of us have devoted much of our lives, money, and even careers to it so we tend to be a bit opinionated and even snobby at times! But welcome; enjoy; and ask away if you need advice or opinions. There are no dumb questions!

I just thought I would say hello. I'm Sutton and from Kansas working on getting PADI OW certified here in a couple of weeks or so. We have class once a week and get a bunch of pool time. I am looking forward to log a bunch of dives since me and the lady friend will both be certified and can take trips together and such.

I'm an Automotive Service Management major at Pitt State University. I'm currently changing hobbies from car audio and building ridiculously loud stereo systems to SCUBA. Anyways, I am a very open person if you have a question ask and you shall get an answer....

Thanks

-Sutton

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 07:41 PM ----------

Oh, and I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Sometimes with online communities it's hard to get intelligent answers from the resident forum population. My first encounter with asking questions will keep me a contributing member for many years(probably)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom