Diving in North Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey :adminwave:

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

I am sure there are lots Brittany. It requires some research. I suggest you describe to yourself what you are looking for. Its out there, its just a question of how far you have to drive. My suspicion is that the panhandle has some good dive shops, dive boats, and dive sites.

I'm assuming that your newly certified and looking for a safe place to gain some experience. If I'm wrong, my apologies. The best place that I have been diving in north Florida for a new diver is Troy Springs. I took my newly certified ex-gf there and she loved it. It gives you a safe place to get some decent depth, if you wish. There is a solid bottom, no deeper than 70'. There are no places to go that you shouldn't, unless you try to fit in some of the cracks in the wall and the civil war boat is cool. Although, I didn't find it challenging, which I like, it is a great place to gain experience.

Just my $.02 based on my limited experience in north FL that was not in an overhead environment. (Stay out of those until you are trained for them.)

Brittany, May I suggest to you to contact a local dive shop there in north FL this is what I do even as a Assistant Instructor. I'm hopefully going to be relocating to Daytona Beach, and I already found a diveshop that I'll be going with. Diveshops are your best source of information to find dive sites, and to find some one to dive with. I hope this tibit of information helps you out

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom