Hello from Iowa!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skittl1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello! I'm a new member here, and not even yet a new diver. My husband and I plan to do our open water certification next month. We are in Iowa, so I imagine there won't be much to see in the quarry, but I am really excited to get into the water! We like to do cruise vacations and frequently snorkel at ports (though I've never swam with fins on, the one time I tried it seemed to make it harder, so I'll need to learn to do that), so we decided to move to the next step, as scuba sounds like a way to experience a fascinating under water world. We already have a dive booked in Cozumel for our December cruise, so hopefully all goes well with certification!

I'm sure I will have tons of questions and am really enjoying reading the boards already- so much good information out there. (Though as someone with a 'scared of everything' problem, I really need to stay away from the incidents board. I think it is making me think the chance of death is much higher than it actually is.)

Welcome and good luck! I spent the better part of a decade living in Iowa -- not much water to be found there -- but have fun on your cruise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom