A new French guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dangue

Reaction score
I am Dan, i am living in the SOUTH EAST of FRANCE.
I regularly dive since 1978, from MAY to NOVEMBER, and according hollidays, and business trip in HOT water, i also dive in winter. When i dive in FRANCE, in Mediteranean sea, i dive with friends, with our boat. We like FREE DIVING.
The dives we are doing over there are on sunk boats (until 180 feet) or submarines cliffs. We DIVE with compressed air, and DECO with O2, we also use NITROX .

Bienvenu Dan,

Welcome to the board. Here there is a fantastic group from everywhere of the world and I get and share very useful information for diving.

Howdy there!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, and the fastest growing. Good to have you aboard, and I hope I gt to know you around the forums. With your experiences, I'm sure you can add a lot!

You'll notice that SB is dominated by Americas. We're a friendly lot for the most part, but many of us are in the habit of making fun of your fine country because of some political differences. Let me apologize for that, and I hope you'll forgive us when it comes up. Might be good to have a snappy comeback ready? We are also commonly unilingual, as well as challenged in metrics. Your English is good, though, so be patient with us as we try to convert measurements. (1.8 x C) + 32 = F.

BTW, we use "freediving" to mean diving on a single breath of air, free of equipment. You do that, too? 180 feet on air with O2 for offgassing and decom sounds great. You may find our Tech diving forums of interest.

BTW, it'll help in future discussions if you'll complete your Profile and sepearately - your Dive Info. Use the Quick Link menu above. PM me if I can help you in any way.

don :D

:369: Hi there dangue, my name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. Have a fun time here. :auto:

Salut Dangue and welcome to the Board, so glad you found us. Please make sure to check the European forum for some local content, and also you might enjoy the Tek Talk and Ask Dr. Decompression forums to find other SB members who do the same kind of diving you do.

a bientot,
Maria

Hi there and welcome to the boards! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here, and hopefully be able to post some of your own experiences as well! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two year now. If you have any question or problems... or you just want to chat, PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Heya and welcome to the Board!!! :wavey:

I did a mistake. In France, we call"FREE DIVING" the dives we do when we are diving with our own boat, without being in a scuba school. That means we are free to go where we want, the time we want, we organise ourself the dive,and deco. After the dive, we are used to have some coffé,wine,cake,cognac.We like fun. :wink:

Hi and welcome, its a great board, the mediterenean sounds lovely, especially the after dive treats :) a few pilots in the airline i work for trained in toulouse. they said the area was really nice..enjoy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom