Any UK D4 rechargeable users??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveFass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone used or seen one of these used? A UK D4 rechargeable with the 18 watt bulb? The light, the recharge kit, and the lantern handle is at LP for $110. The have the same package with the C8 for the same price, but the C8 can't use a lantern handle.

I'm thinking it will throw off much more light than the ELEDs for $20 bucks more. But I can't find anyone who has used it which makes me nervous. Divernet gave the D4 rechargeable a big thumbs up, but also said that it is NOT bright though it has a huge diameter. I'm not looking to light up the whole ocean, just the part I'm looking at.

Any thoughts?

I dive with the D4 rechargeable. I really like it, and it suits my needs well. it is not as bright as an HID or LED, but it does give off quite a sphere of light and i find it works wonderfully. personally i like the softer yellow light. it's not as blinding. anyway, i give it a thumbs up, and that's a really good price for it if it includes the recharge kit. i got mine for $250 (CDN).

oh, one thing i did do though was buy a better, higher quality bulb. can't remember the wattage, but i quite like it.

SteveFass:
Has anyone used or seen one of these used? A UK D4 rechargeable with the 18 watt bulb? The light, the recharge kit, and the lantern handle is at LP for $110. The have the same package with the C8 for the same price, but the C8 can't use a lantern handle.

I use them in Puget Sound and they work fine. They are an OK size in the hand underwater. I have both the D4 and older UK400R (single bulb). It's a spot/flood beam. They give off more effective light than the UK C8eLED but it's more yellow and work better during the day. You'll get about an hour + dive out of the battery. I don't like the lantern handle but the model I have is convertible. They aren't as fragile as HID's. If you want more focused penetration you can get a "spot" reflector for them, same shape but the dimples have been removed.

Fritz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom