Need quick help - OMS Halogen Light Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My buddy borrowed this light: http://www.aquasafaris.com/store/product1737.html.

How do you turn the darned thing on and off? There's no switch on the battery canister. We tried turning the adjustable head all the way in both directions, but when we plug in the charger to charge the batteries, the light stays on.

How do we turn the thing off?

Thanks!

I know squat about those lights, but I have a 10W OMS HID. I think that there are multiple connectors in the batteries that are only used if the packs are wired in sequence.

I would guess that you opened the cannister at the top (part with the cord sticking out). My OMS light charges from the bottom! Try opening that end and see if disconnecting the connector there turns the light off. I don't know how to charge those lights.

do it easy:
I know squat about those lights, but I have a 10W OMS HID. I think that there are multiple connectors in the batteries that are only used if the packs are wired in sequence.

I would guess that you opened the cannister at the top (part with the cord sticking out). My OMS light charges from the bottom! Try opening that end and see if disconnecting the connector there turns the light off. I don't know how to charge those lights.
Are you saying that there is no switch or way to turn the light off when you're in the water??

As far as turning the light off, I think it's supposed to be the twist on/twist off kind. Worst case scenario, you could disconnect the light, charge it, then reconnect it before the dive.

As an aside, I have my 10W on my let hand right now, as I type this message, and it's on.

Rick Inman:
Are you saying that there is no switch or way to turn the light off when you're in the water??

No it should be the twist on off kind. The website says that it's twist on/off/focus. Does the focus change when you twist it? If not, try twisting something else.

do it easy:
..., try twisting something else.
Ouch!!

Shouldn't twist that...

OK, got it now. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom