Nite Diver Vs. Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverryan

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any thing to say about these two brands? One better than the other? I noticed that Nite Rider does not use latches to hold the lid to the canister. Does it screw in? Thanks.

I love my night diver blackwater light. Very stong light. I have my light for 3 years, last month the head unit was flooded. I called the company, they said mail it to them and they will replace the head. They said there is a life time flood warenty on the unit. Guess it is true so far.

It does have a square battery that is differnet than the other canisters. I place the battery on the inside of my bc cumerbun belt. I do not notice it is there.

Well, sense no one responded on these lights, I think I am going to pick one up and test it out.

I was looking at those as well...let me know how it works for you.

I just got mine Friday.

Great things - It is great! Dove with it last night and today. Super bright, like it should be. The cannister does not open (yes, it is screwed on), so no chance of flooding. To charge it, just unscrew one large screw, then plug it in. Easy adjustable beam. Their customer service seems great thus far.

Issues - Apparently, the bolt snap and i-bolt pictured on the head unit does not come with it (I wrote to them about it, and their answer implied that), so went to West Marine purchased a SS i-bolt, and used their chain cutter to cut it down to size, 1/3 inch long. The canister comes with two adjustable hose clamps. How you attach it to your bc is up to you to figure out. At West Marine, I stumbled across pliers with a cordura web strip attached to a belt loop. I put the strip under the two hose clamps, and voile - the solution.

My soft goodman handle works well, and I like it better than the hard, however, the two slots the velcro goes though in the metal piece was manufactured so sharply, they cut through 75% of both velcro ends. I just wrote to them about it, and expect them to send me a replacement Monday. I can jerry-rig something in the meantime.

Would I buy it again over any other 10w HID - yep, and don't even have to think about it twice.

P.S. I bought mine on Ebay directly from Nite-Diver. I saved $185. I think they are simply trying to get their product out there. Its brand new with warranty. They may do another auction.

Been looking closely at the model 1000C myself. If it works out, I'll by a canister and keep the C as a back up or spare for a buddy :)

Z...

I filed smooth the slots on the goodman handle, fed nylon webbing through them, added buckle hardware, and now all fixed.

Supposedly the light charges faster with 12 volt (vehicle) than 120 volt (home). Will find out tomorrow.

In Puget Sound, Washington, divers need bright lights. 10w HID is enough though, at least for me.

A friend of mine just got hold of a Night Diver Canister light. It's the big one with 11.5 hr burn tim e(sorry, can't remember the model number, and too lazy to look it up) andway, he says it's fantastic underwater, and on inspection, it's a very solid and well built looking unit. I'm definately going to get one for myself.

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom