ANO CL2300 + Free Hollis Lights Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlopez889

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Everyone, I am new here; but want to share with you my experience on the purchasing of light.

I used the Princeton and Archon lights in the past; however the lumen is a little bit too low to me and I wanted to buy a new cheap primary light as well as a backup light. I checked the stores nearby and the lights in the store are over than my budget. I looked at the website and found a site, who is selling the canister light with $258.99USD, +FREE Hollis LED6 and Hollis LED 3x. This was shocking me when I first looked it and I was not sure if it is true or not. It took me a few days to think and finally, I made my decision with my worries until I got my parcel today. I am so happy that made the right decision and the lights are wonderful.

Here is a link for where to buy.

The overall price I paid is $258.99, no extra shipping or duty and this is really a good deal to me.

I am using the way of Scubastingray to write this review and hopefully this helps you.

Model: Ano CL2300 Canister Light

Price: $258.99USD.

Warranty: I talked with the sales rep from Ano Industries, Mr Kevin Luo and he stated this light has the same warranty for 12-18 months.

Packaging:

It is not fancy, but not bad though; just a cardboard box with foam. The manual is a cheap way and I do not admire of this for sure.

IMG_0098.JPG

Hollis lights are brand new; it is the same as what I saw from the store. Here are the packing for Hollis lights when I receive it.

IMG_0099.JPGIMG_0100.JPG

Battery & Charger:

I am just loving the charger; it has multiple plugs and this is perfect for me when I travel some place out of country. I think Ano's design was focused on the use. It is easier for charging by taking out the plug on the canister.

IMG_0101.JPGIMG_0103.JPG

I have not used it underware yet and would do it during the weekend. More updates underwater will be provided. My first impression on this canister dive light is they are a high quality product and heavy (means very solid design). Ano's switch on the light head is a very good design and very simple to operate when wearing, even 5mm gloves.

I used my V10S from Archon to compare the beam for both Ano and Hollis. Ano's light is very powerful and creates enough radiation for me to use and the beam angle is tight and I like it. The canister is smaller than what I thought for 6 Samsung lithium rechargeable batteries and the hanger is a little bit tighter for the pocket belt.

Archon V10S
IMG_0117.jpg

25% output

IMG_0114.JPG

50% output

IMG_0111.JPG

100% output: the left in yellow is the model fo V10S from Archon with stated lumen 860.

IMG_0115.JPG

Beam comparision between Hollis LED6 and Archon V10S (left with yellow light).

IMG_0116.JPG

I paid by PayPal and the lights were shipped within 2 days. The sales rep said they can accept Credit Card or wire transfer, but need to contact with their sales for send the link. The sales also told me there are some dealers in US also doing the same promotion, but I did not see and hope this can be purchased locally.

I would like to share the good thing with everyone here and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

I think you should try the CL2300X which runs in 12x 18650 battery gives over 6 hours burn time in high mode .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom