How many hours should a rechargeable xen battery last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not too long ago I purchased a battery re charger for my Xen. It is white and came with white batteries. Unfortunately a charge only lasts around three hours. The Xen shows yellow battery indicator on the first dive. Some of my dives are longer than three hours and I've had my gauge shut down mid dive. It makes me uncomfortable to trust the gauge/batteries.

I borrowed a friends Xen in the past with the old green batteries & black charger. The charge on these batteries lasted quite a few dives.

I am wondering if others with the newer white rechargeable batteries also need to replace them every time they dive or if this charger is defective.

To trouble shoot: I purchased new rechargeable white batteries. The new batteries have the same battery life. I also tried disposable blue batteries, which laste quite a few more dives than the rechargeable ones.

Thank you.

Hello,

Did you make sure to select the correct battery type in your unit's preferences?
If you use a white battery but the battery type is set to the blue battery it will show as being critical a lot earlier than it actually is.

Usually you should expect to get around 15h on a white battery. However a lot of factors influence the battery life, such as the colour settings on your unit, the refresh rate and display brightness you set it to. Also please note that if you have a battery in the unit (even if you don't use it) it will drain the battery over time.
You can find a lot of information on how to optimize battery life on our homepage: Liquivision : Scuba : Extras : Batteries for our Enlightened Series (Xen, Xeo and Kaon)

Thanks for the response. I have a white battery and white charger, that came together. The blue non rechargeable batteries last something like 15 days out on the boat. The rechargable ones only last 3 hours in the same xen, with the same settings.

I have replaced the batteries with new ones, and am not trying new blue non chargeable batteries. Am deducting that there is probably has been an issue with the charger since purchase.

Thanks for the response. I have a white battery and white charger, that came together. The blue non rechargeable batteries last something like 15 days out on the boat. The rechargable ones only last 3 hours in the same xen, with the same settings.

I have replaced the batteries with new ones, and am not trying new blue non chargeable batteries. Am deducting that there is probably has been an issue with the charger since purchase.

Thank you for the update. It appears that the batteries might not be charging correctly. It may be an issue with the contacts on your Tenergy charger. If you bend the metal connections on the inside of the charger, outwards slightly so they come into contact with the batteries that may help.

On your unit, you can also run a "battery test" to help diagnose as well. To do this, in your menus go to: air integration > advanced > battery test.

If you have any further questions feel free to message me at info@liquivision.ca!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom