weight harness diy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BUDMANOK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
after attending the DUI demotour and trying out their weight harness I decided to see if I could make one for myself.

so for $20 worth of webbing and buckles since I already had the quick release weight pockets I think I have something that will work.

A little more trimming and adjusting and it will be ready to dive.

IMG_1674_1.jpg

Nice, I was thinking the same.thing today. I have some plates I waterjetted in a razor style for someone doing a diy sm rig. Bet I could use them.to.fashion a harness for under the sidemount rigs I have.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Let us know how it works out. I have a DUI harness but was very disappointed once I pulled the handles and found out I need to rethread the thing. There is a person on the cave diver site selling some sidemount plates and it looks like I could make my own harness and use some other pockets.

Looks good. I used a DUI harness for a while and I always thought I overpaid for it; oh, and I worked at a dive shop that sold them at the time, got it at cost and I still think I paid too much for it.

I made a weight harness with a regular weight belt with 2 gravity ditchable pockets (similar to these - Amazon.com : Dive Rite 32lb Gravity Weight Pocket System Fold Down Velcro Closure for Scuba Diving : Diving Equipment : Sports & Outdoors) and suspenders. Love it. I also added a crotch strap to keep in down on my hips rather that at my waist. MUCH nicer on my back when in horizontal trim that way.

I'd love to see the plans (or at least a picture) for that.

DGX has a better price on the pockets. You can get the suspenders here. The crotch strap and belt are standard items. You put the pockets on the belt, attach the suspenders and crotch strap and that is it. You may need a few triglides to pin the pockets into position. The order of attachment may be a bit different but you get the idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom