I'm looking for a good dive operator in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Cozumel in Nov 09 and staying at Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort. They have a dive shop there that is called the Dive House. I saw one thread that said that they were not the best. Any one use them or have other suggestions? I see there are lots of dive shops. Is it worth the extra money for nitrox for Cozumel diving?

This will get a million hits on the Cozumel section of this board, but has been answered as many times there so you can probably check it out without posting even. They would ask what type of service do you want (more specifically) and then it becomes a matter of opionion. Rest assured there are many and most are great. If you really need more I can offer my opinion but it is just one of many.

Regarding nitrox, in 5 trips we've never used it and I don't know if I've ever seen anyone who did. However, again it would depend on how much diving you plan to do and depths/times. For most folks the normal two morning boat dives each day is the routine. In that case it probably is not worth it, but you will have to do some calculations based on your plans.

You will love it either way, and FA is very nice.

Bob

This will get a million hits on the Cozumel section of this board, but has been answered as many times there so you can probably check it out without posting even. They would ask what type of service do you want (more specifically) and then it becomes a matter of opionion. Rest assured there are many and most are great. If you really need more I can offer my opinion but it is just one of many.

Regarding nitrox, in 5 trips we've never used it and I don't know if I've ever seen anyone who did. However, again it would depend on how much diving you plan to do and depths/times. For most folks the normal two morning boat dives each day is the routine. In that case it probably is not worth it, but you will have to do some calculations based on your plans.

You will love it either way, and FA is very nice.

Bob

I agree completely.

If you want what I would consider more of a full service dive operation on slower more comfortable boats I would recommend Aquatic Sports (Base Aquarama) They were awesome. Sergio has been diving cozumel for 30 years has had the cover of several scuba magazines and is willing to teach you photography and video if you want or he will lead you beautiful safe dive.

Thanks, I think I going to go the first couple of days with FA, Dive House. It seems like they have favorable reviews and they are right at the resort. Thanks for you input

We did only one dive with them and it was the night dive in 2005. They were fine and seemed to be safety-conscious. The only issue you may have is that there might be a lot of beginners on your boat. Based on your profile you might want to ask for some advanced dives if you go more than a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom