Dive Reports From Nautilus in Los Cabos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstclaire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys,

I know there is a similar thread on here but I wanted to write and give you a view from what may be a wider range of depths/sites...

This weeks water temps started off very warm from about 79f water at the surface 70f at around 90ft but the later part of the week has seen around 77f at the surface and 64f at about 30-40 ft..

Lots of surge at the moment and visibility has been down to around 15ft but quite varied throughout the dives....

Good selection of sealife at the local sites still ( cannery-lands end) Green Turtles, Sea lions, Electric Rays, Yellow Fin Tuna, Barracuda, Frog Fish... The local seahorse population at the cannery is dwindling at the moment but it is still usually possible to find a few.

Along the corridor around the blowhole the visibility has been quite bad but we are seeing quite a few turtles on our re-breather courses out that way..

P.S.

If possible I would like to get feedback on ways that you guys think we can improve this weekly summary.

Thanks

Last edited:
I did some diving late last week at North Wall. The water was a little warmer (around 73F at 60ft), and the visibility was pretty good. Saw some nice things as well - a lot of different rays. I also did a couple of dives around the blow hole. The water was a lot colder than I had expected it to be on the first dive, about 63F at 90ft or so. The visibility wasn´t all that great, though. It was my first time at that site, and it is a bit different than the more local sites. I can imagine it being a really beautiful site on days where the visibility is better.A couple of people in our group saw two or three mantas.

On the second dive we stayed a little shallower with a maximum depth of 30ft it was a lot warmer. We saw a small turtle. Again the visibility wasn´t very good, but am looking forward to diving it again when it is better.

I did my nitrox course with Nautilus while working for another shop in town. I really enjoyed diving with them, and am looking forward to doing some rebreather training in the near future.

I did some diving late last week at North Wall. The water was a little warmer (around 73F at 60ft), and the visibility was pretty good. Saw some nice things as well - a lot of different rays. I also did a couple of dives around the blow hole. The water was a lot colder than I had expected it to be on the first dive, about 63F at 90ft or so. The visibility wasn´t all that great, though. It was my first time at that site, and it is a bit different than the more local sites. I can imagine it being a really beautiful site on days where the visibility is better.A couple of people in our group saw two or three mantas.

On the second dive we stayed a little shallower with a maximum depth of 30ft it was a lot warmer. We saw a small turtle. Again the visibility wasn´t very good, but am looking forward to diving it again when it is better.

I did my nitrox course with Nautilus while working for another shop in town. I really enjoyed diving with them, and am looking forward to doing some rebreather training in the near future.

Glad you enjoyed diving with us and we will look forward to having you back for more courses in the future!!! Happy Diving :D

The swell seems to have died off a bit now but the visibility still isnt great , 10ft - 15ft ish... We dove The Cannery, Pelican rock, North Wall and Neptunes Finger today and the temperatures were a bit warmer with the Cannery between 77f and 66f and the other sites between 77 and 69. Still lots of cool things around with some big groups of groupers, Lobsters ,an unusually large amount of Guitar Rays and quite a few morays.

Looking forward to a busy week of diving ahead :cool2: Hope everyone has a great weekend

Staff from Nautilus Dive Tech will be on hand at Medano Beach from 8:30am tomorrow to help with the beach cleanup....Hope to see some other people from the board down there :D

Big thanks to all from Andromeda Divers who invited us to the beach clean up today... Water conditions were very poor around Medano beach today with visibility at around 10ft, water temps were in the low 70s...Its always great to be in the water though and we hope for a return to good visibility soon!!

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 135
This morning we were out diving around Neptunes Finger(My favorite local site). The surface conditions were very calm but the visibility was only around 7-10ft throughout the dive... 0-50ft the water temp was in the high 70s-low 80s and then it dropped to mid 60s...

Plenty of life around with a large school of jacks, a couple of Octopus, plenty of Guitar Rays and a cool White tip reef shark...

Hopefully we wont get too much disturbance from hurricane Adrian...

Looking forward to being in the water again soon!!

Water Temps were around 78f on the surface today and 65f at depth. Visibility was still low at around 30ft but still many schools of fish around including some very large Amberjacks.. Minimal swell and not too much wind today..We are expecting the visibility to clear up soon

Happy Diving :)

Last edited:
Dive Sites: The Cannery and North Wall
Visibility 10-20Ft Water Temps 80F- 68F
Conditions were calm but quite a bit of wind today. Lots of Guitar Rays, Parrot Fish, Electric Rays, Goatfish and Snappers. Overall a good day of diving with lots of life even though fairly low visibility

Dive Sites: The Cannery and Pelican Rock
Water Temps: 64f-70f Visibility: 10-15ft
Water still seemed very cool and churned up.Had a couple of great dives today though with Sea Horses, Panamic Morays, Frogfish, Some Large Stonefish, Octopus and more....
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom