OW certification at occidental grand xcaret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJ76

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Going to be at the Occidental grand Xcaret at the end of Oct. and am looking for some info on the onsite dive op. does anyone have any info on the quality of their training? haven't been able to find much info about them other then their name, Barrakuda i believe. Has anyone done OW certification with them? If so, how thorough was the training?

bump, oh no, this could be bad. Might be time to consider doing the cab ride into town to a more known operation.:idk:

bump, oh no, this could be bad. Might be time to consider doing the cab ride into town to a more known operation.:idk:

I'd agree. I've never dove with them so they could be the exception, but I have heard some real horror stories about resort dive ops (not this one in particular), so I always avoid it like the plague. There are several VERY good ops in town. I'd personally recommend Abyss Dive Center, did my OW checkout dives with them a few years back. Run by a canuck too, by the way (from BC).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom