Diving in and around playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TACODAVE

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I will be in Playa del Carmen from Dec 7 to the 14th, staying @ the Sunset Princess Resort. Anyone recommend dive op's that pick up there or at least a good dive op for the area. Also, are the cenote worth diving?

Thanks for any info,

Dave & Sheila

If your buoyancy and trim are good (and with 50 to 100 dives, I would hope they are) the cenotes are not to be missed. The water is as clear as air, and the formations are beautiful. The light effects coming down from the open water can be breathtaking. It is a unique opportunity, because as far as I know, there is no other place where you can do these sorts of dives. You might contact Protec in Playa -- they run cenote tours, and I suspect they would pick up. You can also do your open water diving through that shop.

Friends of mine have done training there, and use that shop to support their cave diving trips. I've heard nothing but good things.

Back
Top Bottom