Shore Diving near Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nurumkin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to Cancun this month. We have always preferred shore diving because we can just take our time and go at our own pace rather then being with a group. Is there any decent shore diving within a reasonable distance from Cancun? We will probably make the trip to Cozumel at least once or twice during the week, where do we find shore diving there?

Also, we will probably spend a couple days doing boat dives, what are the "can't miss" boat dives of the area?

For our background: I have not dove in several years but I probably have close to 150 dives (most of which being in MN), she has also not dove in several years but she only had about 15 dives when we were active. I did send her out to take a refresher last week, and I used the opportunity to get in the pool and test my gear out.

Unfortunately there is no shore diving in Cancun... All diving is done from boats. If you want, shoot me an email for some info on diving in and around Cancun.

You'd need to head to Cozumel to do shore diving in that area, otherwise try a quiet cenote through a local shop.

The reefs in the Cancun area are all ~1 mile off shore. That's one heck of a surface swim...

If you're going to Cancun, drop a note to Alvaro at AlwaysDiving.com. He'll take good care of you.

If you want shore diving, try Curacao or Bonaire.

You could always check out the Bull Sharks, they are about 200m - 300m from shore!

True, but Playa del Carmen is a VERY long swim from Cancun...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom