guys,before you consider any sport...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovic

Registered
Reaction score
before you consider any sport, please watch this video, it might change your mind.

you might be surprised to find out what the #1 on the list is....-----> Top 10 Incredibly Dangerous Sports - Listverse

moderators please don't delete this thread, we need to give the newcomer and aspiring divers an option. lets not deprive them of this informations. thank you!

Not sure how cave diving applies to new divers...aside from an example of not doing it without the training and mentoring.

I would encourage everyone to do their research before starting any activity. I would also say that I don't think a "top 10" list should be the only information they acquire and suggest getting some real facts.

Agreed. Any one of those activities can be relatively safe with proper training, equipment, and intelligent risk analysis, especially cave diving. Im more afraid of hitting a cow on the way home from a cave dive than the dive itself.

Agreed. New divers are probably 100+dives away from their first cave dive... By then, they won't need "jurnalism-for-living" publications for proper risk assessment, they can read the accident reports themselves.

Not sure how cave diving applies to new divers...aside from an example of not doing it without the training and mentoring.

Guess I should take up street luging instead (but yeah, not going anywhere near a cave. It is interesting to note scuba diving isn't on that list- but cheerleading is.)

I only took up diving after I was permanently injured whilst cheerleading.

Has anyone thought of combining cheerleading and cave diving for the ultimate adrenalin rush? "Gimme a G, Gimme a U, Gimme a ..." No, it can't work, the pompoms would get soggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom