SCUBA Virtual Reality video game

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend sent me a link to this new game today. For those of you who are not computer nerds, the "Oculus Rift" is basically a crowd funded high def VR goggle system. I don't have one but it sounds pretty awesome. I guess if you have an oculus and can't make it to the water, you can get this game. It sounds like they are working on adding simulations of real dive sites into the game. Might become an interesting way to get at least slightly familiar with a new site ahead of time.

World of Diving on Steam

World of Diving is the Oculus Rift-enabled online diving game that brings you an exhilarating multiplayer diving adventure, all without getting wet. access the game via Early Access and start playing straight away!

World of Diving enables you… to freely explore the ocean and make progress through exciting challenges:

• Interact with the amazing sea life.
  • Compete against your fellow divers.
  • Discover the sunken remains of history.
  • Collect and salvage ancient treasure.

As a diver… you can be a contributing member of an active community:

• You design, create and share your own content.
  • You influence the development of new features.
  • Your positive activity is rewarded with unique content and special privileges.

Customize everything

• Appearance;
  • Gear & tools;
  • Boats, submarines & other vehicles;
  • Real estate.

Your personal diving base

• Customize your own tropical island.
  • Invite your friends in multiplayer.
  • Dock your vehicles & store your gear.
  • Unlock your next diving missions.

I took a peek and saw there are 138 reviews and "very positive" on average. This can make a lot of people get out of their couch and take interest in diving I'm sure instead of the other way around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom