Real Macho Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Oh, yea you tuff guys diving 200 feet wreck diving with 50 deco stops breathing Martian gas, you think you’re men Ha! I’ll tell what a real man is! I just finished two dives in a row with a surface interval with a leaking dry suit. No pee valve, no zip relief zipper, no diaper.

I held my yellow water for a number of hours.

After two dives at Lovers Point in Monterey at the Scuba Board dive on December 5th I was reaffirmed of my manliness. After the two dives in my cold leaking dry suit I finally was able to get to the restroom. Real men put up with lots of pain. Pain when you bump your head, slamming your finger in the door or slamming a hammer on your thumb without shedding a tear even though you feel like crying like a baby and crying out for mama. I put up with the internal pain of having the DYB (dry suit yellow bubble). There are two ways to flood a dry suit both with salt water only the colors are different. My dry suit only flooded with seawater. I took it like a man and put up with the pain and avoided the difficulty of the double flood situation caused by release through the human manly valve release.

I finally got to the restroom after what felt like a marathon urine holding contest. After getting my dry suit off, I quickly walked to the public restroom. I walked because the trauma to internal organs while jogging with 12 lbs of a urine bubble the size of a basketball could have caused major damage. I did not walk with dignity because I was bent over and looked like the number seven.

Upon entering the restroom the single urinal was occupied. No, I did not panic due to my expert PADI training. I did the STOP, BREATH, THINK, ACT. This all happened in less than a fraction of a second due to this emergency situation. I quickly spotted the open toilet stall. Entered, and dropped my drawers for serious deployment of emergency release of the manly valve release. At first the release valve did not deploy sufficient fluid release to ease the pain sustanance. Then, oh Yea! It was 911 time. The fire hose stream hit the toilet with such force that I worried about damaging public property but thank God it was a stainless steel bowl. Since I was streaming into a bowl of water it created an enormous amount of decibels of sound that could be heard from miles away. As the crescendo was in process, I was surprised not only of the volume, sound and speed of this activity, but the length of time that was going by. I could have completed five Sudoku puzzles during this time. I was in this cubicle while I heard person after person enter and exit. It could have been up to a bakers dozen of people who, at least auditorially, witnessed this great feat. I should have them sign my divers log book.

I finally finished this great accomplishment with a couple of manly wiggles. Upon leaving the stall I fully expected some applause from the imaginary crowd that I thought had formed. No crowd? No applause? Huh! No one to shake my hand in congratulatory admiration. (I don’t blame anyone for not shaking my hand).

Well, I felt great. Getting high on the natural processes of being human.

Sure some men can dive two hundred feet, with twelve tanks strapped to them, in zero visibility, while completing calculus on a dive slate. But could they perform as admirably as I did in this emergency fluid decompression situation?

I felt like a real man overcoming this emergency dive situation. I did not panic and used my PADI dive Rescue Diver training.

I think there should be a PADI badge for this great skill and level of accomplishment.

Just my opinion.

Good health and Happy diving.

Great job on keeping control of the situation, I can see your Rescue Diver skills paid off. Great story only next time you need to get this on camera "walking like a number 7" hahaha.

Incredible, heroic, breathtaking!! Hilarious as well. That story fits up there with the likes of Beowulf, The Prince of Persia, and Gilgamesh. Be proud, manly man. You are a hero.

Peace,
Greg

Nice writing. Now I am positive that PADI offers a pee-valve course with materials. I highly recommend it.

On that note, instead of robbing the $25 pee-valve from my now backup CF200 drysuit, I went and purchased a $175 Halcyon pee-valve for my Fusion. Highly recommended if you are going to be doing any lengthy dives or ones where peeing is impossible due to lack of bathrooms. Pee-valves are available in non balanced form for $35. I missed my pee-valve over the weekend a few times, and will have the new one installed before my next dive.

This is a must read for you manly men Mastery or Misadventure...Secrets of the Condom Catheter.

That warm spot in your wet or dry suit is merely a unrinecline. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

I love my pee valve, for so many reasons. I've even grown somewhat fond of the pain of getting the c-cath off. Did I just say that?

carrottop.jpg

Impressive! Quite crafty writing :wink:!

I've figured a way to get the hydration just right so 70+ minutes and no urge ;-). If I start drinking my 1.5 liters of water before San Mateo while driving south - then I end up almost crying on my way to Aquarius' lieu. But - if I start just after San Jose (about 1.5 hour drive) - the urge to evacuate is timed perfectly for right when I pull into Lobos – and I’m free for a 70+ minute dive with no pressing issues ;-).

A quick guzzle of a quart of Gatorade right after the 1st dive, passes through on the 1.5 hour SI & I’m good to go for another 70+ minutes ;-).

Of course a pee valve might be a better solution, but it’s a bit more complicated for a gal & I’m not wearing a diaper ;-P. So for now it’s all about strategic timing unless I get into that she-woman diving ;-)

Back
Top Bottom