Olympus 8080 - automatic focus not focusing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tltracy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with their Olympus 8080. My camera quit focusing... normally I shoot everything is Supermacro mode. I like getting the little critters. So, the other day while diving my camera quits focusing in the P mode, wide angle, close up mode... every mode except Supermacro.

I took it in to the camera repair guy and he confirmed that the only mode that comes into focus now is Supermacro, where my subject is about 1 inch in front of the lens. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there anything to do to fix it?

The camera repair guy said that these cameras are only rated for 10 feet underwater? :shocked2: I've never had a focusing problem before with my 3 other 8080s that I've flooded.. just this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom