Alright Olympus fans...FILM photography!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRambo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just came into possession of a beauty of an Olympus w/ waterproof setup. I've always loved the look of the old Olympus 35RC camera, (yes that's right, 35 for 35mm film!) and how they shoot. Happened to spy one that wasn't ridiculously expensive, and just so happened to include an Ikelite housing w/strobe. I've tested everything in pool depths, and it all works great; the housing doesn't leak, strobe fires, etc).

Basically, does anyone have any tips/hints/experience with using older film cameras (heck, ANY film cameras) with SCUBA? My LDS only offers classes w/ digital, and only works with digital...I can't wait to take it down and shoot a roll with it!

Attachments

• n483.jpg
    n483.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 28
If you want to keep that camera functional keep it far away for your "lds" as I seriously doubt they know anything useful about digital much less a film 35mm range finder other than how to ruin it.

Go to the library, there should be tons of photo books.

N

Yes should be fun. I used film up until Christmas this year and apart from the feedback loop and the number of shots both very useful, I am struggling to see the big picture here. Instant gratification is a great thing I guess.

Ensure you get some Velvia 50 if it's still available and set the camera to about 1/60 and F5.6 -F11 depending how far away you are for shooting fish and you should get something, depending on the flash. If it is something interesting bracket your shots around this setting. The flash may have some settings on it to get you started.

I shot an Olympus OM1 and then moved to Nikon F series so I cant give you any hints about this camera.

Enjoy yourself.

IMHO the fine grain mid speed color print films will offer far more exposure latitude than slide film. C-41 (color print) processing is easier to find than E-6 (color slide) processing. You can also have digital scans made of your film for the best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom