OK how am I to re-attach the dial on my EM5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ConchyJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I remember some talk about this but can't find it. Can I just put it back with a dab of superglue?

Sorry for your inconvenience with the camera.
Please,could you post a picture of the manufacturing defect; I think that the rest ofthe OM-D user would like to see what is going on with the camera.
Thanks and hopefully you can repair as soon as possibleyour camera

The dial on my OM-D came off while I was on vacation in Mexico. I used a small piece of duct tape, folded over to make it double sided, to hold the dial in place. When I got home, I packed the camera off to Olympus America for repair. A friend contacted Olympus about using superglue on the dial and was told doing so could invalidate the warranty. I'd give them a call; they have had a number of these defects and may have a better solution.

Hi Bob,

The superglue was one of the fixes I have seen in past posts about this problem. In over 10,000 shots now I have not yet had this problem. Pasts posts were reported by Nauticam E-M5 housing owners and as I recall you have the Olympus housing. Interesting to hear this is a problem common to all housings and clearly a result of a poor design by Olympus.

Phil Rudin

Thanks. I will take some pics and post them. Sending it back is not an option.at the moment. I will hold off on the super glue and use little bit of ds tape. I did that to get my e420 to word in the e410 housing..

Last edited:
Mine came off after about 1000 shots, right at the end of my trip to Curacao.

Krazy Glue has done the trick! But, I did not know about that warranty thing. it just did not seem like a big issue to glue it back on. I the camera fails for something not related I can't imagine they would try to use that as an excuse. If the glue damages something, well, my bad.

I wonder, is it something about how the housing wheel pushes on that dial? The dial is attached with very weak sticky tape, when mine came off I could barely even tell it was sticky at all. Maybe just a manufacturing thing. It probably does not happen in normal use on land, but maybe the housing wheel pushes on it in a way that makes it come up.

In any case, the crazy glue seems solid as a rock compared to before so I expect no more problems.

as I recall you have the Olympus housing

Yes, Oly housing. I'll holler next weekend, maybe we can all meet up at BRP for a burger.. Staying at the Super8 on US1..

P1070034.jpgP1070036.jpg

Best Burger in town!! Keep in touch via email to see if we can get a dive at BHB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom