Need help with stylus tough 8000 setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to take point and shoot pictures with some color. Have used stylus tough 8000 in Olympus housing. Ready to add strobe. After reading forum, it seems a lot of people have had trouble getting strobe to fire consistantly.

What strobe and other components do I need?

Mine works fine with the Inon Z240. Make sure the optical cord has a little tiny bit of the black cover strip back, and make sure it is secure in the plug. Works fine.

I have the 8000 as well. It worked fine with a Sea & Sea YS 90, as well as an Intova 2000s (separately). Each strobe had a different method of attaching the FO cable to the housing, so just be attentive to the details supplied with the strobe.You'll probably need a tray and arm to attach the strobe and camera. Also, be careful that the FO cable doesn't float into the picture (learned that one from experience!)

Thanks for the info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom