Olympus Stylus Tough 8010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becca65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just started looking at the 8010 - thinking it plus a housing would make a good scuba camera - have heard stories about housings leaking just a little and killing the camera inside - my thinking is if the camera is also "waterproof" a little leak wouldn't kill it. Anyone had any experience with this particular model or have any other suggestions?

I have been using the 8010 with the housing for the last 2+ years. It's been a great camera. No leaking issues if you keep the seals clean. It is much better if you can get a strobe with it. It has a little trouble with low light.
Here are a couple pics with the 8010 and a Sea & Sea ys-01 stobe.
Crab.jpgPA140244.jpg

I had the previous two, and yes, when the housing leaks, the camera doesn't die, which is one of the reasons I had them.

I liked the first one I had, but when the housing began leaking, it was no longer made so I couldn't replace it. I bought the 6010 and did not like the picture quality at all.

I have the 8010 and upgraded to a TG-1 because I kept getting of pictures of my finger, and my lanyard because of where the lens was located. I only had a problem with the housing flooding once, but no problems with the camera. (and it's for sale with the housing) (LOL)

I bought a 8010 tough and an Ikelite housing for just before we went on a trip to Hawaii a few years ago. For a point and shoot camera it has been great for us. since the Hawaii trip the camera and housing have made trips to Cozumel and Bonaire. Got a piece of the strap caught in the housing once in Cozumel and flooded the housing, the camera survived unharmed. As with any underwater camera it could use a strobe, but even without one the built in flash does help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom