PG to Malapascua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to travel from Puerto Galera to Malapascua (or to another major dive spot in the Visayas) in one day??

Rick.

I've gone from PG to Dumaguete easily in one day. I guess it would depend on flights.

rcolman:
Is it possible to travel from Puerto Galera to Malapascua (or to another major dive spot in the Visayas) in one day??

Rick.

Possible, if you leave Puerto Galera very early in the morning to catch a Manila flight to Cebu. Expect to arrive in Malapascua either late afternoon or evening. Of course this is all dependent on Airline scheduling and conditions during the two ferry crossings.

rcolman:

Rick.

I've never been to PG but the flight from Manila to Cebu is about one hour. The ride via taxi to Maya at the north tip of Cebu is 3 to 3-1/2 hours depending on how fast your driver is or how bad traffic is (1500-2000 pesos). The bus ride will take about 5 hours but is 60 pesos or 100 pesos air conditioned. Then the ferry from Maya to Malapascua is about 30 to 40 minutes (40 pesos) seas dependent and best to get there by noon or before dark. There are not many places to stay in Maya if you get stuck. If you get there real late you may end up paying for a special trip over by ferry.

Good luck, it's worth the trip though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom