Philippines Featured by PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link, nice article. Makes me want to go diving :)

Darn, I wish the dive industry media would quit promoting the PI so much. At least let me have enough time to get the $$$ together so I can enjoy the diving while it is still reasonable, find a home near some great diving before property values shoot through the roof, and meet the lady-go-diver of my dreams down there!

At least now I can finally rob a few banks to get the $$$... after all, we've given them billions so they can't say they don't have it to take.

Seriously, looking forward to getting out there when things come together.

its better to have more attention, resorts would (those who are in for the long haul) improve and better their service for the dive industry and more and more will open.... darn pollution pressure just like in Boracay.....

there goes the neigbourhood.....

Nice article but as usual they mention Mindanao but say nothing about it! Anyway, with the lack of publicity from the Big Guns we should never have the problem of damage to our reefs from too many divers, just Mystery Ships!

I don't think that article will change much in terms of attracting Scuba Tourism from the States: Most Americans when they think of exotic tropical locations think of Hawaii:shakehead:; most American Scuba Divers after certification then immediately look to the Caribbean as their first & only annual warm water dive trip thereafter. And advanced american divers looking for something more adventurous than the same old tropical reef then take up something esoteric like Cave Diving, or justify why they prefer cold-water diving at home --instead of traveling abroad meeting new people and experiencing new, different & interesting cultures (DrBill above excepted). . .

Europeans & other Asians (and retired US Armed Forces Servicemen:lotsalove:) in the know have always recognized that some of the best bio-diverse & most economical warm water dive vacations are right there in the Philippines. . .

I don't think that article will change much in terms of attracting Scuba Tourism from the States: Most Americans when they think of exotic tropical locations think of Hawaii:shakehead:; most American Scuba Divers after certification then immediately look to the Caribbean as their first & only annual warm water dive trip thereafter. And advanced american divers looking for something more adventurous than the same old tropical reef then take up something esoteric like Cave Diving, or justify why they prefer cold-water diving at home --instead of traveling abroad meeting new people and experiencing new, different & interesting cultures (DrBill above excepted). . .

Europeans & other Asians (and retired US Armed Forces Servicemen:lotsalove:) in the know have always recognized that some of the best bio-diverse & most economical warm water dive vacations are right there in the Philippines. . .

for the meantime that's good for us who know :D

Wow, those Americans are a boring lot of do-nothingers....ain't they! :rofl3:

If they only knew.....

welcome back Kev!

in the meantime , i agree with Jonix, lets keep our dive spots to ourselves as much as we can hehehehe

BabyD :
"If they only knew....."

shhhhh for now.....

one thing particularly missing is the alarming travel ban on the philippines at bombings in mindanao.

Back
Top Bottom