Passport rules for Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, I think virtually every country I have visited has required at least six months when entering. I always thought Australia did too.

But you need to apply for a entry visa first unless from NZ.
An English tourist was stopped by an immigration agent on entry to Australia. The agent asked “Do you have any criminal history?”. The Englishman replied “Good Lord, do you still need that in order to get in here?”.

The aussies call the british Pommies or Poms, on our side (french islanders from the Pacific) we call the ozzies "Poken".

... Southern Pacific way of life.

The aussies call the british Pommies or Poms, on our side (french islanders from the Pacific) we call the ozzies "Poken".

... Southern Pacific way of life.
I’m intimately aware of that perjorative term. Usually prefaced with “bloody”. Never seen it spelled POME before. Especially in Caps.

P: Prisoner
O: Of
M: Mother
E: England.
Meant for fun or.....

Usually it is poms, pommies.

Sorry to hijack, but I’ve been reading here and on TA you need 6 month validity to enter.

Now I read on the Danish foreign ministry web page my passport should be valid 6 months after departure, searching the Philippines embassy it clearly states 6 months validity at entry for all countries getting a 30 days visa free (this includes EU citizens and therefore Danish citizens).

We’re flying out of Germany (Turkish airlines via Istanbul) and the German foreign ministry also says 6 months at departure. (Philippines embassy in Germany still says 6 months at arrival)

My passport expires on August 7th and we arrive in Philippines February 3rd - leave February 17th, so this is important to me.

Has anyone flown from Germany or with Turkish Airlines and can confirm the 6 month at arrival? My fear is of course to be denied boarding, but on the other hand getting an extension to my passport while possible and accepted in Philippines is also very expensive, so would like to avoid.

It is 6 months at arrival and is clearly stated at the Official Philippine Consulate General in HK as well as in Singapore.
Have the official entry requirement print out as a proof.
The usual question by the immigration official in Philippines is " how long is your stay in the country"?
Please do not forget to apply for the e travel(72hrs from arrival). You can apply for it from tomorrow(30/01) and it is very easy.
Nothing to worry about.

Have a nice trip.

@diveUAE
You passport is still valid on the day of your travelling to Philippines because its validity is still over 6 months. There is no way you will be denied to board the flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom