Toys :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
MORE TOYS
Sort of.

The department just took delivery of a brand spanking new GMC 5500 4X4. Make that a 6X4 because it’s a dually.

It is mainly for Disaster Services to tow the 35’+ double tip out Resort Hotel Command Post around with.

BUT I talked with the head of Disaster Services this morning. I congratulated her on the new tow rig and she said, “You guys know you can use it and the CP anytime you need it. I think it would work for the Dive Team to get in out of the weather”. Without warning I had one of those things males and females have when they get real close, but we were standing and 5 feet apart. I could start smoking again after that one. :D

So I asked her if we could use it to pull the big boat, which is 12k pounds, for out of the area SS operations. She said, “It’s here for who ever needs it to use when ever they need it”. I had another one of them things and I’m looking for a cigar. :D

She said that if it was gone they would find another way to get the CP to a location if it were needed. Man, this department never ceases to amaze me. Things just seem to come together.

I’m ready for a nap after a double like that. :chicken: :monkeydan

Gary D.

They told me that about our command post too- till the first time we used it and then we got ripped a new one for letting divers with muddy feet into it.

Tom

tc246:
They told me that about our command post too- till the first time we used it and then we got ripped a new one for letting divers with muddy feet into it.

Tom
We are used to the muddy feet and that isn't going to be an issue. We'll just do everything we can to minamize it. Besides, we are more interested in the truck. :D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom