Tusa Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trappb

New
Reaction score
Do anyone have an opinion on Tusa regulators? I am thinking about buying the RS-350 which is their top of the line reg. Please let me know.

My family has been using 4 of these regs for 3 years now. Good reg, easy breathing, no problems.

Here's my two cents:

I've been diving various regs for about 8 years now and I dove a early Tusa model for about two years. I had a close friend that dove an RS 240 (?) and I was very hard pressed to tell the difference from my Atomic B1 in every day breathing resistance. At that time I wasn't doing any deep diving....... now I'm routinely diving beyond 150 feet. It would now be interesting to do some comparisons during these deeper dives.

ScubaLab definitely tells a different story than my real-world experiences about Tusa. I would suggest that you look up their Regulator reviews and see for yourself how Tusa has stacked up against others. There is A feature in the Atomic line that keeps me with them: During storage (no line pressure to 2nd reg) the orfice backs off the seat. This allows the seat to stay near "factory fresh" for many years. My B1 has performed flawlessly with anyone tinkering with it for years.

On the other hand, the Tusa RS 240 had the best hose routing I've seen! Loved how the hoses came off the primary at right angles.

Patrick

I had the Tusa RS-240. It was a good regulator and breathed really good at depth.

The RS-340 is very similar but also has a 'carbon filter' system added to it. I don't know how much this filter system will really help with air quality problems though as it's very very thin compared to the filter systems that can be a couple feet long on the compressor systems.

The hose routing was nice on it with the swivel, but the swivel would not freely operate by just moving your head when the tank was under pressure. But you could still take your hand and move it easily. Nothing wrong with the way it worked though as you would expect that when the hose is under pressure.

They didn't do bad in the Scubalab tests, but there were definately some that did better.

For what the average RS-340 costs though ($420 minimum advertised price agreement or $475 retail), you can pick up an Aqualung Legend for about the same price or the Legend Lx for a few more bucks and have a 'whole lot "more" regulator' for your buck ($$).

But I don't think you'd be unhappy with the Tusa 350 either though if that was your choice (based on what might or might not be available in your area for example).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom