Sherwood SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DudleyNMU

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any of you guys or gals use this reg yet. I am looking for some reviews. I am thinking about getting a set for my doubles. I love my blizzards but i would like a nicer breather. I know there are lots of different regs out there but i have had great luck with my sherwoods so that why i would like to keep with them. Let me know what you guys think about the new sherwood SR1. Thanks for the help in advance.

I have a set and highly recommend them - they breathe better than my MK25 G250s and my Jetstreams (at least down to about 140'). They are new enough that no one can comment on their reliability, but given Sherwood's history I am betting that they will last awhile. They will certainly be more complicated to service than traditional Sherwoods, more like the comparable Scubapros or Atomics.

Jackie

No personal experience, but my Tech instructor, who has been a maniac for Atomics for years, told me he might switch over to the SR1's, after trying them out.

They are not made by Sherwood , they are made by an OEM. Advance Diving Products just with a Sherwood name slapped on it

Home Here is a link

They are not made by Sherwood , they are made by an OEM. Advance Diving Products just with a Sherwood name slapped on it

Home Here is a link

That is not the same body or first stage not even close. Maybe the internals but I don't think so.

Given that Sherwood and Genesis are partner companies, I would venture to say that the SR1 is a Genesis design.

DM

My buddy who worked for Cramer Decker who is the distributor for Sherwood told me the story when they wanted to get into the high performance reg market they had ADP make the reg it’s the same 1st stage as the 5 prt swivel and the guts of the 2nd are the same just a new case. Genesis is made by the people who make Oceanic, the parent company is Romie they OEM for a buch of diffrent people

I bought a SR1 in march. The breathability is exceptionnal and fantastic. But beware of one thing. Make sure the reg you buy is NOT from the first batch they made. Some of them have a small problem with the first stage. When opening the cylinder, some time, air find a way throught the mecanism and go under the diaphragm, building up a pressure. The diaphragm then form a big bubble and blew up. The 1st stage is then no more environementaly sealed, so not suited for cold water diving.

I know that first hand because the first I bought blew up and the replacement too. They where from the first batch.

That is not the same body or first stage not even close. Maybe the internals but I don't think so.

Given that Sherwood and Genesis are partner companies, I would venture to say that the SR1 is a Genesis design.

DM

Why? Since Genesis has nothing even remotely like the SR-1 in its line-up. As far as I know Sherwood has never rebranded a scuba regulator - given the performance of the SR-1 I can't imagine the manufacturing company taking credit for it.
Jackie

I bought a SR1 in march. The breathability is exceptionnal and fantastic. But beware of one thing. Make sure the reg you buy is NOT from the first batch they made. Some of them have a small problem with the first stage. When opening the cylinder, some time, air find a way throught the mecanism and go under the diaphragm, building up a pressure. The diaphragm then form a big bubble and blew up. The 1st stage is then no more environementaly sealed, so not suited for cold water diving.

I know that first hand because the first I bought blew up and the replacement too. They where from the first batch.

How can I make sure the one I am going to purchase is not from the first batch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom