Oxygen safe lube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,

At my request, I was recently sent a free sample of Tribolube 71 from Aerospace Lubicants compliments of Dave Lodwick (Tribolube71). As it happens, I was going to rebuild one of my second stages so I decided to do a side by side comparison with the Christo-lube. Please note that I am not an engineer; I'm just a do-it-yourself guy with a background in aviation maintenance. My only knowledge of lubricants is from using them and reading the data sheets made available online, etc.

The information I received with the sample indicates that it is O2 compatible up to 100% and the temp range is good down into the cryogenic range and up to +280 deg C.

The new kid looks, feel, smells ( I omitted the taste test) almost exactly like Christo-lube except the 71 seemed to be slightly more viscous. Also, I placed a pea sized amount of each on a piece of cardboard and the 71 seem to bleed less oil out of the test sample. Perhaps we can get a tribologist (handy word I just picked up while researching lubricants) to explain why this happens and what the implications are.

At any rate, I think this lube is a welcome addition to the O2 friendly lube family (Krytox, Christo-lube 111 and 116, Bracote 806, Fomblin) we use on diving equipment as it seems to to the same job for a considerably lower price.

Comments?

couv

I'm still not finding the Tribolube product online distributors. My tube of Christolube MCG111 is starting to run low (after only 10 years) and I was hoping to try the tribolube equivalent to MCG129 which I believe is a little heavier than the 111. I thought I saw something that suggested that Scubapro is using the heavier stuff in both static and dynamic applications.

I'm still not finding the Tribolube product online distributors. My tube of Christolube MCG111 is starting to run low (after only 10 years) and I was hoping to try the tribolube equivalent to MCG129 which I believe is a little heavier than the 111. I thought I saw something that suggested that Scubapro is using the heavier stuff in both static and dynamic applications.

Try Tech Dive Limited in Canada. Also Phil Ellis has it. I can't recall what Phil's store name is at the moment.

I think this Tribolube is good stuff. It's not supposed to get like cookie dough over time like Christo-lube does. That alone makes using it a no-brainier to me.

I also plan on using it ( or trying it ) as gun lube. It won't take much so cost isn't much of a factor.

Scuba Pro is in fact using MCG 129 for both Static and Dynamic... for the moment :eyebrow: I will be meeting with them (Harry Ward and Rene')
at DEMA. Hoping they will after testing the TRIBOLUBE 66 see the same results I already know they will.
By the way TRIBOLUBE 71 is the better choice for this and all diving applications.

Try Tech Dive Limited in Canada. Also Phil Ellis has it. I can't recall what Phil's store name is at the moment.

I think this Tribolube is good stuff. It's not supposed to get like cookie dough over time like Christo-lube does. That alone makes using it a no-brainier to me.

I also plan on using it ( or trying it ) as gun lube. It won't take much so cost isn't much of a factor.

Phil Ellis is the distrib. right now.

Dive Sports, Inc.
800-601-3483

Dan Humble in Canada Dive Tech Training Centre is not a dist., but he is using Our TRIBOLUBE 71 for all his stuff.
He can be reached at:
www.divetech.ca
613-923-1992

Last edited:
Phil Ellis is the distrib. right now.

Dive Sports, Inc.
800-601-3483

Dan Humble in Canada Dive Tech Training Centre is not a dist., but he is using Our TRIBOLUBE 71 for all his stuff.
He can be reached at:
Dive Tech Training Centre - Home Page
613-923-1992

Thanks for setting me straight. Dive Sports are good people.

We have inventory scheduled to arrive any day now. We will have the 2oz tubes, 2 oz syringes, and a 1/4oz compact case. It may take us a few days to get the pages up on our website, but you can give us a call at (800) 601-3483. Thank.

Phil Ellis

We have inventory scheduled to arrive any day now. We will have the 2oz tubes, 2 oz syringes, and a 1/4oz compact case. It may take us a few days to get the pages up on our website, but you can give us a call at (800) 601-3483. Thank.

Phil Ellis

If it doesn't come in, I think we know who to yell at! :D

Woo...hoo...I want commission. ;-)

p.s. In your Tribolube add, you misspelled Christo-Lube; but I won't tell anyone. :)

Thanks for making this available.

c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom