Mk25/s550 does anyone dive this reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMH777

Reaction score
I am new to diving. I just completed my OW course. Here is a list of everything I bought.

BC - Scubapro Glide Plus
REG - MK25/S550
Computer - Uwatec Pro ultra console
Fins - Twin Jets
Mask - Scubapro

I was just wondering if anyone else dives or has dove the MK25/S550? I was told that it is basically the same reg as the MK25/s600. The only difference is the adjustable knob on the side. I don't really know if this is true or not. But wanting to know how this reg sizes up with others.

No. No one dives either of those regs.

OK I'm just kidding. However, if you use the search button at the top of the page you'll find fourteen and a half metric buttloads of info on both, as well as a lot of other regs. Best of luck :)

CMH777 once bubbled...
...the MK25/S550? I was told that it is basically the same reg as the MK25/s600. The only difference is the adjustable knob on the side. I don't really know if this is true or not. But wanting to know how this reg sizes up with others.

That's what the scubapro rep basically told me. Going with the HP250 2nd stage would be similar to the S600 except in a larger housing and for less dollars.

Yeah, on the S550 you cant adjust the cracking pressure w/o taking the reg appart. No big deal unless your going below 120'ft. It is an excelent reg.

I don't that it's a good ideal to upgrade or change anything to your gear unless you want it to start falling apart under water... And that's the last thing you want to happen to your gears.

For me, I just bought the MK25 and S600 this week. Am bringing it up to malaysia to give it a try....

The major difference is in the 600 there is an anti set feature on the seat. When there is no air pressure the seat pulls off. the 550 does not have the feature. It is not a big deal since you are gonna get your regs serviced each year. The D400 is my Primary and the s550 is my secondary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom