Sp g250v?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is Scubapro discontinuing the G250V? It's no longer listed on their website as one of the regulator systems whereas the new C300 and C200 are posted. The G250V is still listed as a standalone 2nd stage but the two newer 2nd stages are not there yet, perhaps just not updated yet.

that would be a major fail

Yeah...That would be no good. I think they know better, though.

Like in Forrest Gump , Stupid is as stupid does.
Do they feel that the 700 is what people want ?

You can not remove the 700 cover under water if needed to clear something.

Marketing must be looking to sell based on Buzz words like these.

"Newly aligned VIVA system with micrometric adjustment knob for more precise control"
What in the heck is "micrometric" ? Did somebody in marketing get a new coffee maker that had "micrometric adjustment" and said that sounds cool lets use it too.

Sorry, I'm stuck at home today. I can't even get dowm my drive way because of the snow. I need to get out.

Jim breslin

maybe they planning a g250v+ ha ha ha ...out of interest say they do discontinue it , wat happens with spares

If the 250V is discontinued the only thing you will need to find is a source for some o-rings. The low pressure seat is the same as the S600. I have used kits for the old 250HP and S600 kits to rebuild mine.
Jim Breslin

If the 250V is discontinued the only thing you will need to find is a source for some o-rings. The low pressure seat is the same as the S600. I have used kits for the old 250HP and S600 kits to rebuild mine.
Jim Breslin

Scubapro is good about stocking kits and parts for discontinued regs. They still support the original G250, discontinued years ago, and the 109, which preceded that. You are right in that there is only 1 scubapro LP seat for all the barrel poppet regs. Finding a seat for the D series is easy too; you just have to buy a complete poppet assembly.

Scubapro is good about stocking kits and parts for discontinued regs. They still support the original G250, discontinued years ago, and the 109, which preceded that. You are right in that there is only 1 scubapro LP seat for all the barrel poppet regs. Finding a seat for the D series is easy too; you just have to buy a complete poppet assembly.

I'm not sure whether it is that they are so good at supporting older models as they are at repackaging and tweeking proven designs (D-series is their one BIG error). When you weed your way through all the BS, there are a few good designs at the bottom. A G250V is just a Balanced Adjustable packaged in some cheap glitter.

When you weed your way through all the BS, there are a few good designs at the bottom. A G250V is just a Balanced Adjustable packaged in some cheap glitter.

The G250V may be a re-packaged 250, but is it not a good design ?

I rather call it Bling , glitter makes it sound so cheap.

Jim Breslin

Back
Top Bottom