Cressi vs Aeris Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cellowithgills

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying an octo to go on my Scuba Mk5 but I wanted to get some advice first. I'm looking at either the Cressi XS or the Aeris A1 due to cost. Things I'm considering are adjustability, availability of service (I don't know if one brand is more common), and obviously cost because both of these are under $100.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Can you get both serviced in your area? At the same shop as your primary? Travel wise I'd think Aeris might just win in a pinch unless your in Europe. Compared to SP neither have anywhere near as wide a service network. You wouldn't consider a second hand SP octo? Having same brand often makes servicing easier.

I thought about it, but seems like another adjustable r109 would cost more plus the cost of getting it serviced (I'm a poor college student). You peaked my interest though. Are EBay regs a good way to go? There a few on there now for around what I'm willing to pay right now.

I thought about it, but seems like another adjustable r109 would cost more plus the cost of getting it serviced (I'm a poor college student). You peaked my interest though. Are EBay regs a good way to go? There a few on there now for around what I'm willing to pay right now.

Ive noticed in General eBay prices seem a little inflated but if you can find one in your price range then you could get a good deal. Have you checked out the classifieds here on SB? Often better prices can be had.

More than you/re looking to spend maybe ($119) but - http://shop.beaverdivers.com/Scubapro-C200-Octopus-2013-11360200.htm

Scubapro C200 Octo.jpg
Scubapro C200 Octopus - 2013
He's only got 4 left.

It really depends on how much of a hurry you are in. You should be able to find a new entry level octo for around $100... but I'd try to find another Scubapro -109 Adjustable and get it serviced.... you should be able (with patience and a little luck) be able to stay under $100.

I have four -109's now (and no, I wont sell any, I love them too much). All were purchased on ebay, all except the most recent for < $40, and then I converted them all to Balanced Adjustables. The -109's make wonderful primaries or secondaries (octo's), they are rugged and reliable, breath very well, and are a breeze to service if you are so inclined. If you upgrade them, they use the same service kit as the G-250, so parts are widely available and will be for many years to come.

You might want to ask around (post in this board) that you are interested in another -109. There may be some of the "regulars" that may be willing to part with a recently serviced -109 for a reasonable price... I would ask here first.

Good luck, and have fun!

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom