Still problems with Meridian batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiorys

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,
I got two meridians (one classic and one black tech) for battery changes yesterday at my local workshop.
Went back to get them today, and the black tech with a brand new battery shows only 3 "O"s after the pressure test, it was showing 5 "O"s just before said test. It is already annoying that I had to change the battery after one month of owning it, but I don't think it is going to work well if I have to change it EVERY month.
That was the good news, as I can still dive the Black Tech, the classic is facing a whole new level of challenges... after the battery change, with 2 different batteries, with spending the night with no batteries to force a hard reset, the computer wouldn't display anything but "E6"

Anybody had any experience with this and is willing to help me and my local workshop with these? I can't afford to not have dive computers for a few weeks as I am teaching full time and the high season is starting now...
Obi Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope!

There have been some eratic battery readings and I suggest you contact SCUBAPRO Tech Support directly 1-800-382-2211

Hi there,
I got two meridians (one classic and one black tech) for battery changes yesterday at my local workshop.
Went back to get them today, and the black tech with a brand new battery shows only 3 "O"s after the pressure test, it was showing 5 "O"s just before said test. It is already annoying that I had to change the battery after one month of owning it, but I don't think it is going to work well if I have to change it EVERY month.
That was the good news, as I can still dive the Black Tech, the classic is facing a whole new level of challenges... after the battery change, with 2 different batteries, with spending the night with no batteries to force a hard reset, the computer wouldn't display anything but "E6"

Anybody had any experience with this and is willing to help me and my local workshop with these? I can't afford to not have dive computers for a few weeks as I am teaching full time and the high season is starting now...
Obi Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope!

How did you open the meridian? i also need to change my battery. i would send it in again for a change if it didnt cost so much and didnt have to wait 8 weeks to get it back again. but i am done dealing with scubapro and dont care about the warranty. i just want to change the o ring and battery myself.

Anyone had tried changing battery themselves? anyone can post video perhaps?

Got the same problem as a lot of people with battery of this watch. with the cost for the just battery replacement, wanting to replace mine, don't really care about whether it didnt go through pressure test or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom