SmartTrak Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Galileo Luna and am trying to upgrade to Firmware 1.6 but every time I extract the file and open it nothing happens. In addition as I was trying to do this somehow a ton of my dives were deleted from my smartrak. Any ideas?

I have looked at the other threads and cannot figure out what exactly the 1.6 and 1.7 upgrades do to my Luna. I understand they are needed for HRM, Apnea mode, Tri mix, etc. If I do not plan on adding tri mix, apnea or HRM is there any reason to upgrade the firmware?

Also, has the new driver been produced to have smarttrak work with Windows 10?

Last edited:
You are correct. There is no need to update the firmware if you are not performing the upgrades to your Luna. Just to clarify, when updating the firmware, the .enc file that was extracted is accessed through Smart Trak. Once your Luna is connected to Smart Trak:Options>Galileo set up>import firmware key: navigate to the location where the .enc file was saved and double-click it. Click on the now highlighted black arrows to begin the transfer of information.
Unfortunately, Microsoft has unexpectedly decided to drop support for Infrared in the Windows 10 Operating system. The Vendor that we purchase the IR778 Infrared device is reportedly working on a complete driver to make Win 10 compatible, however, we do not have a date on availability.

I have a Galileo Luna and am trying to upgrade to Firmware 1.6 but every time I extract the file and open it nothing happens. In addition as I was trying to do this somehow a ton of my dives were deleted from my smartrak. Any ideas?

You are to extract the file, then use the Options | Galileo setup | import firmware key and then navigate to the location of the file. Did you do this?

From time to time, go to your log file and save it under another name. I add the date in the front in the YYMMDD format, so I know when the backup was made.

I have looked at the other threads and cannot figure out what exactly the 1.6 and 1.7 upgrades do to my Luna. I understand they are needed for HRM, Apnea mode, Tri mix, etc. If I do not plan on adding tri mix, apnea or HRM is there any reason to upgrade the firmware?

The firmware files have release notes that state what the update will do. Read those and make the determination.

Also, has the new driver been produced to have smarttrak work with Windows 10?

No. It is not a 'driver' fault; it is the fact that Microsoft has deleted the IrDA stack from the operating system kernal. The software (driver) calls on it but the code lines are not there for use.

It is the fact that Microsoft has deleted the IrDA stack from the operating system kernal. The software (driver) calls on it but the code lines are not there for use.

It's the same thing Microsoft did with Bluetooth. Ms dropped full support for bluetooth in Win7. Shortly thereafter, manufacturers incorporated the necessary stuff (profiles etc) into their driver packages. I'm surprised manufacturers (scubapro in this case) didn't get a win10 beta to ensure early compatibility. They were available for a very long time.

It's the same thing Microsoft did with Bluetooth. Ms dropped full support for bluetooth in Win7. Shortly thereafter, manufacturers incorporated the necessary stuff (profiles etc) into their driver packages. I'm surprised manufacturers (scubapro in this case) didn't get a win10 beta to ensure early compatibility. They were available for a very long time.

Because no one knew that Microsoft was dropping the IrDA stack. It caught everyone by surprise.

Back
Top Bottom