Considering DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently lost my little cannon point and shoot and am now looking for a replacement. The local dive shops all carry sealife's and I've heard really good things about the DC600 and DC800. One of the shops can give me a really good deal on the DC1000 (when adding everything in the package together less than what I've seen either the DC600 or DC800 for).

What I'm wondering is what are the experiences with the DC 1000 looking through here I have seen several post of people trying them in pools and shallow depths, how well do they work at the deeper depths?

Any inputs both good and bad would be appreciated

Cartaginian010sb.jpg

Cartaginian004.jpg

These were literally the first pix I took with my DC1000 (got it a few days before leaving for Hawaii). The Carthaginian is at about 100ft on the sand, maybe 80 at the bow where the name is. The frogfish was at about 70. These would have been better if I had set the camera up correctly, which is very easy. I really had to work to get it wrong. :dork2:

no flash

Attachments

• 2009 7-24 Aruba 022 (2)small.jpg
    2009 7-24 Aruba 022 (2)small.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 65
opps try again

Attachments

• 2009 7-24 Aruba 039small.jpg
    2009 7-24 Aruba 039small.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 2009 7-24 Aruba 050small.jpg
    2009 7-24 Aruba 050small.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 54
Here's one without any post processing. Flash turned up a little too high though (my fault).

Attachments

• PICT0275.jpg
    PICT0275.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 67
k2.jpg

With flash, about 50 feet down.

Sabbath,
Did you use the auto settings for camera and flash or manual? That's a great shot! I have the same camera and have difficulty 'dialing in' the right settings. I usually shoot in auto mode but it seems to overexpose more than anything. Do you use a flash diffuser?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom