Georgia Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathy Church

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There is a dive show in Atlanta this May 17 and 18 at the Gwinnet Center. Team Scuba will be there, as well as booths and seminars. If any of you are going, and if you are interested in underwater photography, I would appreciate your feedback. I am offering two free seminars and two paid workshops, but am open to feedback as to the type of information you all would really like to hear about. The free talks are introductions to digital photography with an emphasis on what to look for when purchasing a new system. The first workshop is titled "You bought your camera, now what" and is a workshop showing you how to access and use all of the controls on your new camera. The second workshop is "Mastering Underwater strobes" and discusses exposure, and lighting techniques.

Let me know if you are in the area, if you are interested, or if you want something different for next year. This is only the second year for this show. It is run by Dive Chronicles who also run the show in Florida, Washington DC and Houston.

Enjoy the journey,
Cathy

Does anybody know what all we can expect to see at the show or what all they had last year? The homepage for the show is not very informative.

I am told that the web site for the Georgia Dive Show is now complete. Go to the home page Georgia Dive Show and click on the PDF file of the latest pre-show guide.

Of course, if Pascal-Lecocq, the painter of blue, is there, what more do we need!!! His work is worth the price of admission, and it is easy to get a free ticket to get in anyway.

Cathy,

You can expect to see us there. It was WAY fun last year and I hope to see a few of my friends there. Stop by the booth and say "hi".

This will be the second time my son has made it to a dive show. I am not sure if he is coming to see how Dad does things or to scope out a few of them Georgia Peaches! :D

Here is the list of who to expect at the show. I have highlighted those who either advertise with us or have private forums. SB stickers should be available at all of those highligted booths:

American Partners Diving 81
Aqua Dreams Travel 24
Atlanta Reef Dwellers 51
Atlanta Scuba 10
Atlanta Tech Divers / Southern Swim & Scuba 49
Atomic Aquatics 53
Bonaire Hospitality Group 32
Bonaire Hotel and Tourism Assoc. 41
BOSSK USA 36
British Virgin Islands Tourism 23
Cane Bay Dive Shop 29
Captain Hook's 25
Caradonna Dive Adventures, Delta Airlines Dive Vac 48
Club Cantamar 13
Cochran Undersea Technology 70
Coco View Resort / Roatan Charter 64
Dive Provo / Dive Tortola 33
Dive.Dive..Dive... 62
Divers Supply 2
DIVI Resorts 6
Diving Unlimited International 37
Edge and Hog Gear 12
Explorer Ventures 72
Garrard Underwater Educators 27
Georgia Aquarium 59
Georgia Institute of Technology 39
Habitat Dive Resorts 42
Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel 45
Island Ventures 26
Jamaica Tourist Board 50
Laguna Beach Resort 71
Laughing Palm Inc. 4
Lost Island Voyages 68
Maduro Dive Fanta-Seas 43
Mares 77
Nekton Diving Cruises 5
NOAA 35
Oxycheck 28
Pascal LeCocq, Painter 96
Pinnacle Aquatics 54
Rick Case Automobiles 14
Sand Dollar Resort Bonaire 40
Scuba Travel Ventures 69
ScubaBoard.com 8
SDI/TDI 58
Sea Life Cameras 57
Sea Robin 9
Sea Ventures Aquatic Center 21
Silent Diving Systems 61
St. Criox Scuba 1
Sunset House - Grand Cayman 47
Sunset Waters & Sunset Divers - Curacao 34
Team Scuba 85
The Cayman Islands 44
Undersea Adventures 55
Underwater Adventure 92
Wakitobi 65
Wet Wear 56
Whites Manufacturing. LTD 30
Wreck Diver Magazine 46

[shameless plug] It's easy to get your name emboldened on this list and show the World's Largest Diving Community that you support them. PM me for info! [/shameless plug]

Some INCREDIBLY cool things happening at the Georgia Dive Show. From Dive Chronicles: http://www.georgiadiveshow.com/web.pdf

Team Scuba will be giving away a FREE RIDE in the Team Scuba Car. The guys will love the thrill of the speed, while the ladies might just love being with the driver! :D

Wakatobi will be giving away a FREE VACATION. No matter how you cut it, this is a WONDERFUL place to go, and to get there for free is just magical.

Cathy Church and Jill Heinerth, will be giving GREAT seminars. Both of them are regulars here on ScubaBoard and here is a chance to meet the legends IN PERSON.

There are a number of FREE as well as paid for seminars. Just check the PDF I posted at the beginning of this article for the most up-to-date information!

Not that many manufacturers there.... just a handful. (mares, Oxycheck, atomics, DUI, Whites)

I kinda expected more manufacturers.

seems like mostly 'travel vendors' (too many to list) and trinkets...

Still i'm glad they are having it as there are no dive shows in this geographic region. So something is better than nothing.

EDIT: I'd still like to see this show earlier in the year. water is warm and inviting people to go out diving this weekend in May. I think show attendence would be up if it was earlier in the year.

How much gear can you use??? Of course you glossed right over Cochran, Edge and Hog Gear, Pinnacle Aquatics, Sea Life Cameras, Silent Diving Systems, and WetWear! I owuldn't relegate these to being "also ran" manufacturers. They are showing a lot of innovation and excellent quality!

I love all of the travel and shops at these shows. Plus, many of the local dive shops will be there and they will be bringing gear from a lot of those manufacturers NOT listed here. Great deals and a good amount of fun! I'm psyched and can't wait to get there.

And who knows ?!?!?!

Rumor has it that there just may be a drawing for a custom steel backplate made at The Kraken's Forge !!!

the K

Back
Top Bottom