BTS - Beneath the Sea 2023 - March 24th - 26th - Meadowlands, NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You folks are too hard on BTS, remember that this is the first show after several years absence due to COVID-19 and the first show without Zig. BTS and the vendors are barely beginning to recover. Give it time. Way back it was an even smaller show and grew to be the biggest consumer dive show in the US.

Be optimistic please. I'll do my best to go to DEMA this year and BTS next year.

You folks are too hard on BTS, remember that this the first exhibit after several years due to COVID-19 and first show without Zig. The are recovering as well as the vendors. Give it time. Way back it was even smaller and grew to be the biggest consumer dive show in US.

Be optimistic please. I'll do my best to go to DEMA this year and BTS next year.
Truth

We loved
I hope that you all have great time there. I started to go to BTS in 1988 when it was in the White Plains Westchester county convention center and continued to go every single year including exhibiting there until the mid 2000s. I wish I could go now and see my old friends there (at least the ones that are still alive). There is always next year if I make it to next year.

Have fun all of you that are going, I wish you a great show ❤️
Loved it when it was in Westchester!

We loved

Loved it when it was in Westchester!

Me too, I lived in Westchester myself then. BTS outgrew the convention center and had to move to NJ.

I had a fun afternoon at BTS Saturday. The second one I've attended, with the last being in 2006 as I mentioned earlier. (I don't get up here that often.)
After parking in what I guess was the overflow lot where buses and RVs were about a block away, (adjacent to Sams), I walked by all the booths before getting comfy in room B, where the three presentations I wanted to hear took place. I enjoyed all the talks, especially Richie's and Capt. Palmer's.

This was my first diving expo event, came with my wife. We got Sat+Sun tickets.

Best part of the show in our opinion were the presentations. Brian Kakuk and Todd Kelly in particular had great presentations.

Booths were really... unimpressive. Me and my wife are technical divers, and very little seemed catered to us. Lots of camera gear though, which was nice. Agree with the other commenters there was a very heavy dive destination focus for this convention. Given that we cannot currently travel outside of the USA, that was not very appealing to us. We did see a few booths advertising some US-based destinations (North Carolina, 1000 Islands) which was neat.

Overall, very fun experience. Will totally go again, not really for the booths but for the seminars.

This was my first diving expo event, came with my wife. We got Sat+Sun tickets.

Best part of the show in our opinion were the presentations. Brian Kakuk and Todd Kelly in particular had great presentations.

Booths were really... unimpressive. Me and my wife are technical divers, and very little seemed catered to us. Lots of camera gear though, which was nice. Agree with the other commenters there was a very heavy dive destination focus for this convention. Given that we cannot currently travel outside of the USA, that was not very appealing to us. We did see a few booths advertising some US-based destinations (North Carolina, 1000 Islands) which was neat.

Overall, very fun experience. Will totally go again, not really for the booths but for the seminars.
I don't know if you are restricted to the contiguous US, but I did notice St. Croix, USVI had a booth there. I wish Puerto Rico had one as I am interested.

Just saying there may be Carribean USA options as well.

Just have this quick iPhone shot...
RichieBTS25Mar2023.jpg
RichieBTS25Mar2023.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom