BTS - Beneath the Sea 2023 - March 24th - 26th - Meadowlands, NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see that Lancaster Scuba and Indian Valley Scuba will be there. Be interesting to see if there is a Dutch Springs update. They should know. (No, I can't call it Lake Hydra yet).

I believe Atlantis Aquatics in Bethlehem is the affiliate/administrative partner for (Dutch)Hydra

Lancaster Scuba I believe is affiliate/administrative partner for Lake Allure & Willow Springs under the "Dive Peer" organization.

I actually talked to Dave from Indian Valley up at the OWD Flea Market a couple weeks back, First time I met him. I'll stop by and ask what he knows.

I hope that you all have great time there. I started to go to BTS in 1988 when it was in the White Plains Westchester county convention center and continued to go every single year including exhibiting there until the mid 2000s. I wish I could go now and see my old friends there (at least the ones that are still alive). There is always next year if I make it to next year.

Have fun all of you that are going, I wish you a great show ❤️
Make it. You are one of those "folks I've got to meet IRL" ...

I believe Atlantis Aquatics in Bethlehem is the affiliate/administrative partner for (Dutch)Hydra

Lancaster Scuba I believe is affiliate/administrative partner for Lake Allure & Willow Springs under the "Dive Peer" organization.

I actually talked to Dave from Indian Valley up at the OWD Flea Market a couple weeks back, First time I met him. I'll stop by and ask what he knows.

Yeah, Atlantis / Lake Hydra is now controlling Dutch. They posted a bit ago that construction delays were affecting their hoped April opening. Still hopeful for this season, but seeming unlikely.

Lancaster really stepped up last season by improving Allure and WIllow to be accessible to everyone and a very viable option for others to take students. Really couldn't believe how welcoming they were to others and made what could have been a bad local training season pretty successful.

Dave and IVS? They were the first shop to go find a "private" quarry and run around bragging about exclusive access to their students. I'm not sure he cares if Hydra ever opens.

In a nutshell: Small show. Half as many vendors as before. Reasonably well attended. Good to see old faces and chat to friends. Unless there is a significant increase in vendors next year, this could well be my last. $35 was a pretty steep price to pay for not that much.

Yeah, my first time and I'd agree, I can't see going back. I don't mind the $35 but it was 1.5 hours each way for me. Seems like liveaboards and resorts dominated the scene and I can find out everything I need to online for those.

The New England Diver booth did have 2 gently used Terics For $799 each if anyone is interested.

In a nutshell: Small show. Half as many vendors as before. Reasonably well attended. Good to see old faces and chat to friends. Unless there is a significant increase in vendors next year, this could well be my last. $35 was a pretty steep price to pay for not that much.
I thought about going today but after looking at the exhibitor list, which seemed predominantly skewed to dive resort and dive travel agents/orgs, I decided it wasn’t worth my time. I can figure out dive travel destinations and booking agents without going to a show.

picked up a nice little faber hps 2 liter for my daughter's surface swims at Coney Island. Got to meet Randy from Piranha. Not much beyond that. They need more actual vendors and less travel desks.

Plus side is that Ratio had a good presence. I spent some time playing with their computers. Quite impressive.

Ditto for Shearwater. But they need to release a new model soon. For no other reason other than to show their R&D team is still alive. TBH Terics with different color bezels and straps are no longer that impressive. I'm probably going to be flamed with "leave perfection alone" comments but it would be nice to see a $500 computer with AI from them.

The SUUNTO section at Huish was pitiful. No marketing in that awful display.

I'm surprised that D6 wasn't there. They used to be a regular presence - they're aimed at a direct consumer model - seems like a good fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom