No notification emails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am not getting any notification emails for threads I have started or joined. Does something have to be reset on your end?

This has happened before, I am trying to find the date but the site is taking forever to do anything at the moment.

A good example is my other posts about searching. I know it was marked for instant notification, but nothing has shown up. I even checked my spam folder, lot's of other stuff but no notifications.

sbcglobal.net, att.net, bell south.net and AOL.com hate our emails. If you use one of these (and you do), chances are you won't hear from us. :(

sbcglobal.net, att.net, bell south.net and AOL.com hate our emails. If you use one of these (and you do), chances are you won't hear from us. :(
I've had the same issue for several months now, though I formerly got these notifications using this same sbcglobal.net account. I'll switch to a different account now that I know the issue.

Is this a problem with those email providers blocking access - I'm on the phone now with att.net tech support and they've escalated it to Tier 2 (!) but so far haven't been able to understand why emails should be blocked at my local account/reader or through their system - or has SB stopped mailing to those accounts, or something else?

The mail.scubaboard.com server is blacklisted as "spam" by att.net and aol.com - att.net is the parent of sbcglobal and bellsouth, etc.

The messages don't show up in the account spam folder. I asked their tech support if this was something that att blocks and they said it (scubaboard.com) didn't show as such. Don't know how much significance to place on that.... Anyway, the gmail account should fix the problem.

The message won't show up in your spam folder. The blacklist prevents any mail from getting through.

I take it that it's not ignorance of the source, on att's part, but some business decision about the volume and nature of the emails? I get these notifications from other, I suppose smaller boards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom