RX-100 Patima Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm using patima housing for rx100. I enjoyed 12 tank at balicasag,bohol,Philippine last Octber. Housing was very sturdy n good every control. I recommend it PDCH-RX100.

I'm using patima housing for rx100. I enjoyed 12 tank at balicasag,bohol,Philippine last Octber. Housing was very sturdy n good every control. I recommend it PDCH-RX100.

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know.

Anybody from Singapore who could tell me what this housing costs there? I'm coming through Singapore on my way to the Philippines and am thinking of getting one there.

Thanks a lot

Jens

Just got my Patima Housing for RX100

Just got my new Patima housing for the RX 100, an upgrade from my old rig which was a Canon S90, Ikelite housing and Inon S2000 strobe.

First impressions are the Patima is tough, this is a solid aluminum housing that looks like it could take a bullet. It's also fairly heavy, and I am looking into adding some floats to my rig to get closer to neutral buoyancy.

The design has two latches which allow the rear panel to be removed, in contrast the S90 Ikelite housing which is a clam-shell design. Inserting the camera is very easy, there is nothing that needs to be done to the camera (unlike the S90 ikelite which required putting an adaptor over the lens ring). The only adjustment that needs to be made is the ring control on The patima has an up and down position, but even with it in the down position its easy to get the camera in (and it can be depressed under water if you left it up).

I found all the controls easy to use, but I imagine using the buttons on the back of the case might be a little tough if you are using cold water gloves.

The shutter button is very sensitive and I occasionally took a picture when I was just trying to focus. Focus itself was good in my pool test although I got a few soft shots; but I think the pool was a tough environment and focus on a real dive should be even better.

Connecting the Inon S2000 requires a fiber optic cable, the housing is solid and the only place light is emitted from the internal flash is through the two fiber optic ports. The package includes two fiber optic cable adaptors. But the cable I bought for the Inon S2000 was too loose on the housing side. I jury rigged a pieces of plastic to use instead of the supplied adaptor.

Once everything was connected it worked fine, STTL mode was 'ok' but I need to test on a real dive, I usually use Manual mode on the s2000 and adjust during the dive. On the camera I set Flash compensation to -2 and that worked great. I was able to get two shots off with flash immediately, the 3rd shot only a fraction of a second later. By the 4th shot things slowed down, but still much better than I ever got with the S90.

The one gotcha was the tray I ordered with the camera did not fit, The Patima has two screwholes on the bottom and the spacing is different then what the tray used. My dealer took the tray back and will find me a new tray…..when she gets back from diving Paulu (grrr). In the meantime I am using an old tray with a single screw as a temporary solution.

The only little gripe I have is the package does not include a wrist strap, every other housing I have bought did.

All and All I am very happy with it and the only bummer is I won't be diving until January.

DSC02700-2.jpgDSC02706.jpgDSC02708.jpg

The one gotcha was the tray I ordered with the camera did not fit, The Patima has two screwholes on the bottom and the spacing is different then what the tray used. My dealer took the tray back and will find me a new tray…..when she gets back from diving Paulu (grrr). In the meantime I am using an old tray with a single screw as a temporary solution.

Hi

Congrats on the new housing. I got a Nauticam tray with two screws, fits perfectly.

Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom