Macro question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I been told no matter how or diffrent types of macro lens you use for rx100m2 still won't be able to compete with g16 true or false. I seen many pic of macro between rx100m2 g16. Please clue me if the rx100m2 can or can't beat the g16 in macro.

Am not sure what you mean by one camera beat another? They are different

The RX100 has a larger sensor and therefore compared to the G series less depth of field which means you find it more difficult to take a real macro shot

Once you manage take the shot the image quality of the RX100 is superior however magnification is less so things look smaller and you might need to crop

There is quite a gap of resolution and pixels between the two cameras so you can crop quite a lot out of the RX100 before you get to the same number of pixels of the G series

So the G is a more rewarding macro camera for someone that wants to point and shoot and have good macro, the RX100 is a demanding camera as you will need to use manual focus and most likely do more in post processing to obtain what is a marginally but not fundamentally superior shot

The RX100 beats the G series and any other compact hands down for all the rest of shooting situations and video

Can the rx100m2 compete with the g16 in macro at all or just go with g16 since I'm looking to do macro more then video and wa stills.

Sounds like the g16 will suit me best in macro. Just a last question, does canon say it has a brighter lens?

I don't understand how the rx100m2 an award winner camera super in most ways unable to match the g16 in macro. You mentioned the rx senor is larger, but you won't get a better dof as you would with the rx why is it bc of the f stops

I would venture to guess one of the(correct) answers is:....'It's not the camera---but the man behind the camera'..(sorry ladies..:))

Not only the hand but also reading camera reviews is misleading as they consider the camera for shooting on land not in water so you need to know how to shoot first and then read between the lines accordingly. That you can only do if you know how to take underwater pictures and the story goes on...

My conclusion is the G16. I plan to make videos, wa, but mostly want to take macro pic using Marco lens. Is this the right choice to buy the G16 for its "better" macro capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom