Argentina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QUETZAL:
Anyone dove there? I am looking at planning a trip there this Dec. '05 and would like to dive while there.

For the most part forget it! If you want to dive the antartica there are possibilities.

Regards,

QUETZAL:
Trans:Worth the trouble to try diving in this area.

Looks like you're making a statement. So, what do you need? A resume from those out here in the rest of the world from whom you've sought advice? :bash:

Regards,

Cudabait:
Looks like you're making a statement. So, what do you need? A resume from those out here in the rest of the world from whom you've sought advice? :bash:

Regards,
Well now that YOU mention it, have you dove there?
Your Dive history that is posted."Dive History: Venezuela, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Trinidad/Tobago, Belize, Jamaica, Bahamas, Isla Mujeres, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, Baja Mexico, Sea of Cortez, Utila, Cayos Cochinos, Washington St., California, Texas, Gulf of Mexico (Texas thru Florida) Florida"
Argentina is not in there.
But if you have I WOULD love to here your experiences about diving there! Or for that matter 2nd hand experiences in this case as info on Argentina has been hard for me to come upon.
Look I'm not looking to pick a fight with you are anyone else, in fact I have read your post on Honduras and have been enlightened by your post and responses. I happen to be from Clute, Texas originally, and had even thought of looking you up to dive w/ when I go home to visit my family. You spear also don't you? But you did not indicate that you had personal experience diving in Argentina, and if you do you did not elaborate on it, which is what I requested. You simply told me to basically forget diving Argentina, and I pointed out that some in Argentina would disagree w/ you. I can speak Spanish and am asking on other boards about info on diving there, but as I think the people who post here are for the most part Americans or Europeans with a similar background as me so I am requesting information from this board as well.

Quetzal,

I grew up in South America and I lived and worked in Argentina for years. There are thousands of better places to dive between SC and Patagonia. Now if someone is paying for your trip, etc. or you are going there for some other reason which makes it necessary that you go...then by all means give it a shot. Yes I'm familiar with the diving there ( it has been a few years) I, personally, would not spend any of my money or my time to go there, especially to dive. The people are wonderful, the country is beautiful and the food is superb! If I were going back for a visit (none planned) diving would not be in my agenda and I love diving. Take a light dry suit or 7mm, etc.

Regards

Cudabait:
Quetzal,

I grew up in South America and I lived and worked in Argentina for years. There are thousands of better places to dive between SC and Patagonia. Now if someone is paying for your trip, etc. or you are going there for some other reason which makes it necessary that you go...then by all means give it a shot. Yes I'm familiar with the diving there ( it has been a few years) I, personally, would not spend any of my money or my time to go there, especially to dive. The people are wonderful, the country is beautiful and the food is superb! If I were going back for a visit (none planned) diving would not be in my agenda and I love diving. Take a light dry suit or 7mm, etc.

Regards
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom