Norbert's going for Baja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Not very strong, and not a direct hit, but should send some rain and swells that way...

Edit: Now projected to get stronger, to Cat-1, and maybe make a direct hit after all...

ep201414_5day.gif

Last edited:
Now he's going for Cat-2, but fortunately only skirting the peninsula. Could be some storm conditions on land still, and the local areas don't handle flooding well as we've seen from past storms...

ep201414_sat.jpg

Attachments

• ep201414_sat.jpg
    ep201414_sat.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 101
Not another damn monsoon/hurricane off Baja! Surge this summer has been a PITA for me on my night dives.

Looks like he's hitting Cabo San Lucas now...!!

Dove last night expecting the surge to be minimal since Marie is "long" past, yet it was terrible (tossing me around so I had trouble filming anything). I'm wondering if Norbert is already affecting us here.

He's pumping a lot of moisture this way. We have a flood watch in Plainview and light rain at my house. It looks like it's covering all of our farms, and we need it badly to finish the crops...!!

Back
Top Bottom