Pyle/Microbubble Stops (shortcut)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pyle stop calculations depend on your first deco stop. I predict my deep stops without any consideration of my first deco stop (always light deco, I'm not an "uber diver"). -The whole point is in keeping it simple so I can do the math in my head at depth.

I find that I can come quite close to predicting the deep stops that agree with my DC (Buhlman VR3) by:

1) (4 X depth) / 10 = deep stop #1

2) Deep stop #2 = deep stop #1 divided by 2.

-This isn't Pyle's procedure, but anybody see any serious problems with this???

Thanks.

Am I reading you incorrectly? If I do a dive to 150, your first equation gives me 150 x 4, which is 600, divided by 10, which is 60 . . . which is not my idea of a deep stop from a 150 foot dive.

Am I reading you incorrectly? If I do a dive to 150, your first equation gives me 150 x 4, which is 600, divided by 10, which is 60 . . . which is not my idea of a deep stop from a 150 foot dive.

Oh crud, sorry.

Yes, ASCEND 60' to the first stop.

soooo your first stop in the example is really 90fsw? I would be ok with that for deco light. And your next stop is 45? That being said I would be on deco gas at 40. In my world that would work for me at 150fsw 30and 30
Eric

Easier way for me:

Max depth + saftey stop devided by 2= 1st deep stop. After that I cut the remainder of the depth left in two until I reach the next stop when deco diving or 30ft

Example:
150ft + 15ft safety stop (165ft) devided by 2 = 82.5ft (first deep stop @ 2min). After that 2min at 41ft.

The 90 foot depth for the first deep stop would work for me, but I would start my deco schedule at 70, with a gas switch.

The 90 foot depth for the first deep stop would work for me, but I would start my deco schedule at 70, with a gas switch.

Yes, in a perfect world.

I do the calcs in my head so I can just get out on backgas if my DC decides to reset or die. -what does Anderson Cooper say? Something like "keeping them honest"...

I do the calcs in my head so I can just get out on backgas if my DC decides to reset or die. -what does Anderson Cooper say? Something like "keeping them honest"...

I'm confused... What does your dive computer dying have to do with your deco gas becoming unusable?

I think he is saying you cant track oxygen exposure and deco obligation if you are only using a DC (now dead)., but I might be wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom