Live Aboard (Best Option) for November 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkkress

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I will be in Thailand coming up soon in November 2011! I'm excited but have limited/not very flexible dates.

I have done preliminary research and my two options appear to be either the Colona 6 or the Hallelujah. I have seen a few pictures and understand the difference (14 vs 24 passengers). That being said, I would like opinions of others on which offers a better dive experience? I've done a few live-aboards in other parts of the world, however, haven't been able to find any reviews from customers on any of the boats here. If you have dived one (or both), and have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated!

Can you provide your dates? Without that, it's difficult to find out if there are alternatives. Also, what is your basis for deciding what the best option is? You have ony mentioned the number of divers the boat carries--are there other factors you are considering as important to you?

If those 2 are your only options, there are quite a few trips in November Colona is very likely not to be running the boat. That means Hallelujah would be your best bet. No reviews on that boat though, since it has just been recommissioned after not having done any trips for some time.

But when are you looking at going, there may be some other options for you.

hello
i just got home yesterday from a 4 day liveaboard on the hallelujah. very very well run operation. the boat looks brand spanking new. clean as a whistle. very large area to suit up. the crew were all fantastic. incredible food. ate like a king. steve was the main divemaster. he did a very good job with dive briefings and his knowledge about the area was unmatched. we did 14 dives. two of which were excellent night dives, and I was happy about a full day at richilieu rock (3 dives). Richilieu rock is for sure a top ten dive in the world, the sea life was incredible. i was supposed to go on the le mahe, but was upgraded to this boat because of problems on the le mahe. I would go back and use this boat again. feel free to ask anymore questions. ive uploaded some photos.

Attachments

• DSC02446.jpg
    DSC02446.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02448.jpg
    DSC02448.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02469.jpg
    DSC02469.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02470.jpg
    DSC02470.jpg